Tile Edit Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Edit Problems!

Hi, I really want to try my new tiles in CtP2 and generally get the feel of using Tile Edit but i get the following problem

im getting a weird error with Tile Edit program. In PsP7 (Paint Shop Pro 7) it says my tiles (and the official ones I extracted) are 91x71. However when I try to add them to the Tile File it says the tile must be 94x72 but it was 98x76. This contradicts PsP and it dont make sense as I havent change the size of any of them???

Any ideas???
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Actual I have no idea about this part of the program, I just helped Martin to understand the graphics format, I didn't program Tile Edit. So you could try to create a image with the size of 91x71 as PSP7 said.

But anyway Martin the Dane the author of Tile Edit isn't visiting these boards on a frequently base or better he doesn't post here on a frequent base and won't therefore not reply if you don't contact by Email, PM or just posting in the apropiate thread of Tile Edit

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I experienced the tiledit would save the image in a size that doest fit when you want to add.

Re-size what you've got to 98x72 or 96x72 i cant remember wich one is the correct.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

94*72 - its not the same proportions as everything else in the game
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hmm, well I guess I'm the person that should ansver this Q, så I have looked into it.

The corect size should be 94*72*16 (the internal image size of tiles in the .til-files) for tiles and borders. Rivers and TIs varies acording to the size of the image

TileEdit saves Tiles and Borders in this format, but if you select save image the size depends on wether you are in single or 3x3 tile mode in single mode the size is 98*74*16. Due to the single pixel border.

I have saved a number of elements, opend the images in PsP 5 and subsequently saved them and imported the new images into the tile-file with no errors.

What version of TileEdit do you use? the current version is 1.0.0.22
          It could be a problem with PsP 7 or the way you treat the image in there.
          TileEdit will import any uncompresed .tga as long as the size is right.

And Martin is right I don't visit these forums as often any more. I'm rather hung up in 'real' life. But i try to go by every now and again to see if there is any Qs regarding my programs. If I'm to slow on a respons please feel free to drop me a note

Martin the Dane
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
          X