This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Really? I can't remember, but I think he was named differently - my CtP1 was German too, though.
    Of course the standart name is "Bürokrat" even in CTP1, but this sprite always reminds me of an "Schreibtischtäter", some Nazis committed their crimes from the desk, they weren't able to do it themselves, of course to repeat myself only some of them. From the desk it is so easy, you just have to sighn a piece of paper and you did it.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ahh gee it was a mistake from my browser - displayed the word as Schreibtischtaeter rather than Schreibticshtoeter which caused my confusion in the first place .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Of course the standart name is "Bürokrat" even in CTP1, but this sprite always reminds me of an "Schreibtischtäter", some Nazis committed their crimes from the desk, they weren't able to do it themselves, of course to repeat myself only some of them. From the desk it is so easy, you just have to sighn a piece of paper and you did it.

-Martin
        Not only them acted like Schreibtischtöters, they are Bürokraten and just living to their books, what is behind they don't really care

Comment

THat was one hell of a game, i quit after that... It was quite boring after 40 AD, There i had only 333 units but COMPLETE superiorty over everybody...
          Attached Files
          When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Is that for real or did you edit that river yourself? Ive never seen a random map give a long river through desert with all the grassland following it.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

That's quite clearly a map of Egypt/Sudan, so not random. What map/scenario exactly that is I can't tell from that screenshot either...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Of course, it looks like Omni's world map.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Thats a custom made scenario, i did a scenario for omni's world map for: SAP, Cradle, vanilla, medievel and WaW... It's in the apolyton directory if you'r interested, all nations play able....

Comment

He looks a bit lonely, those 5 marines...

Comment

Ah right. Download the default one now. May try it in MP if it works...

Comment

If it doesn't, i'll [try to] fix it...

Comment

Well i just realised the "Default" one is for SAP so probably not play it in MP, but ill give it a go.

Comment

Well first of all the "savegame.c2g" needs to go in the ...\Scenarios\World map\scen0000 folder, but thats just a case of moving it, but it could be confusing for someone who doesnt know about the scenario structure.

Anyway the other thing was i couldnt build settlers. I looked in the cheat editor and alot of units were excluded....

Comment

In CTP1 I have seen problems where units are inexplicably excluded when you play scenario games in MP. Were you testing it under MP or just SP?

Comment

Just single player.

Comment

Working...
                                X