Are you ready for Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    And as far as whether the Bears covered or not... WHO CARES... we are 1 - 0 and that's what really matters...
    I care.

Besides, you know you ain't gettin far, even if you make it (says the disgruntled Giants fan who has no chance of his team winning).
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
      Besides, you know you ain't gettin far, even if you make it
      You never know... The Bears had one of the best records in the league last year. While they lost in the playoffs, experince in the playoff is good for a young team.

Now they've had their taste. The Bears may not look great, but they know how to win, and that's what really matters.

GO BEARS!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

they might suck it up in the playoffs every year like the vikings do

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          they might suck it up in the playoffs every year like the vikings do

Jon Miller
          We have a Super Bowl Victory... do the Vikings?

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Didn't the "God" Ahman Green leave the game injured today...

After he had 155 yards rushing...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              Didn't the "God" Ahman Green leave the game injured today...

After he had 155 yards rushing...
              How bad was the injury?
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I will just note that in the history of professional sports, the young tallented team that cannot pull it together at playoff time often never pulls it together at playoff time and fades away without winning any titles

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

He just cramped up and returned later in the game, I think.

Comment

How bad was the injury?

I don't think it was serious at all, as the highlights shows aren't even mentioning it.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
                      He just cramped up and returned later in the game, I think.
                      I think you're right... I'm watching Football Tonight on ESPN right now, and they showed the Pack Highlights, and it showed Green playing in the overtime.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wow... great day for football!

Down here in Atlanta, we got Green Bay v. Atlanta for the early game. Then New Orleans v. Tampa (and to think I wanted the St. Louis v. Denver game ). And then everyone watched the Texans win .

So we got our first look at a future star in Vick, who played really well (though San Diego, I think still got the better deal in that draft... look at Brees and Tomlinson today!). We also got to see our fellow NFC West-to-South Saints beat down the division favorites on an amazing OT play . And then Carr and that AMAZING D beating Dallas. WOW, does that kid have an arm. I think Carr has a better arm than anyone in the NFL. That includes Farve and Vick... and even Elway back in the day.

GO DIRTY BIRDS!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thank goodness I haven't heard much lately about how football isn't as good as it used to be. What garbage. I will listen to arguments that during some other era -- when Jim Brown rampaged over the earth, or when the Packers dynastied over the game, or when Fouts, Marino, Montana and Elway were flinging it around in the mid-'80s -- the game was as good. But it never has been better than it is right now. Never.

Thank you Peter King .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He's wrong, Madden and Bradshaw talked about just the opposite the other day.
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Wow... great day for football!

And then everyone watched the Texans win .
                              I used to, emphasis on used to, think pretty highly of you.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dallas....pfft. Jerry Jones is nothing more than a glorified snake-oil salesman. And that QB looks like Kordell Stewart redux.
                                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X