Stars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars!

SOrry, but I cant find anywhere else on the web to answer this.

Ive got a copy of Stars I bought ages ago, but I cant play it cause you need a bit of paper with the reg. no. on it. Because the whole genre hasnt moved on much since 1996, they think they can still make money from this game, and it will cost me a fiver to gain a new code. Where can I get a code from without parting with cash?
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Try "EPGX2R1F".

If you want, phone up the company (Empire Interactive) on 020 8343 9143 and ask for the above code.

Comment

Try rec.games.computer.stars, they have threads on that issue. Go to www.strasfaq.com and check it out. I know that topic was talked about. I seem to recall installing on one of my my boxes and not needing that code. I had the two cd version. It is a great game and I suspect it could be posted online for a download at a small fee. The whole directory is 6mb.

Comment

Yeah, I got the 2cd internet edition. I remember when i 1st bought it i played it for a couple of minutes before scrapping. I didnt have the patience back then to read the weithy manual. And I had only just bought MOO2, which was very accessable by comparison.

Can only find one of the cds though. Can work out why there was two cds, when it says the game does a check to the reg no.Not a cd check.

Thank for the help.

Ill probably give up again after 5 minutes, but still...
        The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Empire Interactive? Do they still exist? The websites listed with the game were all dead. Still, the code works anyway. Thanks

Comment

www.crisium.com get the last patch and down load the strat guide. Look at the monster races and setups.

Comment

Hmmm, this game could be awesome with a better interface. Its so well detailed and thought out, but the mechanics could be far too complicated for the average gamer (I mean, terraforming on 3 levels, thats cool!).

Im quite positive moo3 will be ****e, the combat looks like a smaller version of BOTF. I love the chunky looking wierdo ships from moo2, with the indivdual types of weapons. And the noise 99x continuous heavy plasma cannons make. Uhhhhhhhhh

Still you never know..

Comment

Just hang in there, you'll probably get the hang off it soon enough. The small blue diamonds scattered about the interface give handy shortcuts and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                  www.crisium.com get the last patch and down load the strat guide. Look at the monster races and setups.
                  Thanks for the link. Thier stategy guide is proving to be very useful. Since I got my copy from an abandonware site, does anyone know where to find a manual? dl?

Oh and nice avatar VMXA1
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Thanks, don't know about the manual, it is very extensive. The newsgroup or the fan site can anwser all your questions, I would think. The interface is very simple after awhile, it is nothing but spread sheets and windows. They fit well in a 19" or 21", lower sizes make you minimize some things. Watch out for flying packets. Get mines up ASAP.

Comment

Oh, if you want to have saves you need to find the windows.ini file and add Backups=xx

Comment

I only have a OneCd version
                        but the Box is really strange on the Backside it has some Pictures which seem to be Ascendancy and not Stars at all..
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Well what does the CD say Stars or Ascendancy. I play both.
                          The first time I bought it it was a one cd game. Empire came out with the two player version.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                            Thanks, don't know about the manual, it is very extensive. The newsgroup or the fan site can anwser all your questions, I would think. The interface is very simple after awhile, it is nothing but spread sheets and windows. They fit well in a 19" or 21", lower sizes make you minimize some things. Watch out for flying packets. Get mines up ASAP.
                            How do I???

Handle packets...lost a couple of planets already.
                            Can I catch them with a transport....doesn't seem to work all the time? I'll never have time to build a flinger that will catch them.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I seem to recall that if you can get a freighter to rendezvous with an incoming packet, you can plunder the packet and either reduce or eliminate the damage. It isn't easy, but it's possible.
                              If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Working...
                              X