No announcement yet.

Workers beging produced in cities even with the Gov set to never make workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers beging produced in cities even with the Gov set to never make workers

As the title says, my cities constantly produce workers if nothing else is in que. I have the governer set to not produce any units. settlers, workers, whatever, yet given half a chance my cites will sneak a worker in on me. Especially frustrating when all my current workers are sitting on their butts in my cites as there is nothing for them to do, like I would really need more workers then. So each turn I have to either check all the cites and change the production from workers to (usually) wealth, or I get to "add" all the created workers made each turn back to the city that made them.

Before anyone says to turn off the governer, the gov is one of the features I like about this version verses the previous versions. The fact that when I get a new tech with some new building and DON'T have to go to each individual city and tell them to start building is a blessing. The fact that I am encountering this bug is isn't bad enough yet to make me want to go back to micromanagement hell. But curing this bug would make life sooo much easier.

Anyone else encountered this bug? And better yet, anyone encounter it and find a fix for it? By the way, have already gone the tech support way. They are the ones who directed me here.

Guy Schaller
    guyschaller@hotmail.com

The workers are probably being built to fulfill some other governer request, like maximise growth or something like that.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Turn off the governor.

You DON'T like it because you wouldn't be complaining about the governor's actions.

However you might try this. Even if you think you have it set this way. You may have missed something or only did it for one city or forgot to set it as default for all new cities.

Enter any city

Hit the G key to bring up the City Governor.

Go to the second page

somewhere in there is a setting for building workers and another for settlers. Mark them NEVER BUILD and IN ALL CITIES. You may have missed that last part even if you did the other.

In preferences you might want to set it to give a pop up after cities finish building anything so you can see whats next in the que.

I have my governor's set to never build ANY kind of unit or any Wonders Great or Small.

It works for me but I don't have the governors controlling my cities. The governor will always set the city to build something even if you have none of the cities set for governor control as I do.

Comment

Working...
      X