X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Ratings (28-JAN-2001)

This thread is closed. Please refer to
    CTP Ratings (03-FEB-2001) for the latest ratings.

CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED
    [This message has been edited by quinns (edited February 03, 2001).]

New thread. Ratings updated.

TheBirdMan still reigns supreme!

Comment

From the previous thread...

Solver
      Prince
      CTP / AC PBEM Ladder Administrator
      Sep 2000 posted January 28, 2001 06:32

First Conquer! ratings are to be taken at Turn 30.
      ------------------
      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com

TheBirdMan
      King
      Denmark
      Sep 1999 posted January 28, 2001 14:03

Solver, I think we all agreed at an earlier stage, that all games was rated an a "9" turn.
      Personally I would not be able to remember if I have to report this game at turn *9 and the other at turn *0.

From Quinns: TheBirdMan is right Solver. All PowerGraph ratings will be taken on the ..9 turns NOT THE ..0 turns. I thought we clarified this earlier.

Comment

Sorry guys, I meant that first ratings need to be taken on Turn 29 . Why I made this mistake? I was thinking about the SMAC rating system, and there the turns are taken on turns that end with 0. Sorry both, sometimes I'm somewhat crazy .

------------------
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver, I would strongly recommend that you make SMAC ratings as much like CTP as possible to avoid this very problem (i.e. ..9 instead of ..0). Now is the time to make the change in SMAC while the SMAC ratings is still in it's infancy.

DanQ and MarkG,

So this is a perpetual first thread for this forum huh? That makes it easy... Thanks Dan and Mark! Did Solver have something to do with that or did you just do it on your own? Just curious.
          [This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 29, 2001).]

Comment

Lung's Fast PBEM turn 109 Powergraph:
            1. Stavros - German
            2. BirdMan - Roman
            3. Lung - Australian
            4. Jon - Indian
            5. Paul - Dutch

The top three are very close together; I actually had to take a screenshot and enlarge it to determine the positions.

Comment

Thanks Paul. You missed the Sunday deadline by one day. I'll process Lung's Fast(109) this coming Sunday along with any others that come in.

Quinns

Comment

yes, this thread is top-ed... it was an original idea of mine

when you have a new thread that will replace this send me a pm...

Comment

Monkey 2 turn 229 powergraph:
                  1. Paul - Dutch
                  (2. Zaphod - German)
                  (3. Max Webster - American)
                  4. Lung - Australian
                  5. Yeti - French
                  6. TheBirdMan - English
                  (7. AI - German)
                  (8. Eliminated - Greeks)

Comment

OK, I will take the care of informing MarkG when the threads change. Plus, I've sent Mark another PM, but I'm not about to divulge what is in there... not at least for now.
                    Also, everyone who yet hasn't, take a look at Apolyton CTP front page for a look at the Top 10, as Mark was kind enough to put it on the front page.
                    When I was originally propsing the idea of rating CtP PBEM, I did expect it to be quite popular, but I didn't even dream that the Apolyton administrators would note the system and take care of it!
                    Also, I will soon post an interview. My fellow friend Shadow (from the real world, I mean) has been lurking here and now decided to ask me questions, store the answers, and now he asks me to publish them .
                    Quinns, do you have the full history of all PBEM rankings, to make it possible how did they change? I have my old good Excel workbook, but I'm not completely sure it's correct. If you don't have the history, we'll have to use my workbook for that, but I really, really hope you do have the history.
                    Quinns, I can't rate the SMAC turns on *9, as in CtP the very first turn played is turn 0, thus we get 0, 1, 2... 8, 9, while in SMAC it's 2101, 2102, ..., 2109, 2110.
                    Edit: got messed with the HTML coding.

------------------
                    [This message has been edited by Solver (edited January 30, 2001).]

Comment

Quinns, did you rate Dutcheese pbem in this new update ?
                      [This message has been edited by slamp (edited January 30, 2001).]
                      Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

Slamp, I guess you keep missing my request for more information. See below request from awhile back...

If you already gave me this information, then I apologize, I must have must it. Please resubmit it.

quinns
                        Prince
                        California, USA
                        Oct 2000 posted January 18, 2001 11:48

King Thor... right. Ducheese is not even a rated game yet. I'm still waiting for Slamp to give me Duck Hunter's initial rating (edit: I got Duck's rating Slamp but I need the rest of the info as stated here). And for Slamp to tell me that all players in DC are in (except you) for the ratings.
                        *** NOTICE TO ALL GAME STARTERS IN RATED GAMES ***

Please post all of your turn ..9 power graph results to the latest CTP Ratings thread (this thread for now). I will not check each and every rated game thread to see if turn ..9 is reached.

Also, a reminder that all APPLICATIONS FOR NEW RATED GAMES need to be posted here with:
                        1. Official game name;
                        2. Player list (in turn order) of all players' APOLYTON HANDLES (no nick names please). Place players that wish to be "unrated" in parentheses;
                        3. All desired rated players must have a current rating -- (please state their initial rating if they do not have a current rating).
                        4. The current turn number;
                        5. The turn number you want the game to become "rated".

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 30, 2001).]

Comment

Solver, I understand about SMAC now thanks. Zero turn it will be then. And they will do their status changes on turn One instead of Zero as in CTP.

Regarding history... again I thought I mentioned this several times already but here it is again. The history is available at this link:

MATCH601_AM_M
                          --- APLCTP PBEM Results -- (last one year, along with tennis matches)

and can be reached from the CTP Ratings' 1st post.

Quinns

Comment

And Quinns, is this the older and longest history you have? Are these entries since the very beggining? I just wonder, as the Excel chart shows some more points, not only these.
                            The file isn't bad, but it takes some effort to understand what was the player's rating first, then a week later, an so on.
                            But, nice work done . Just because after printing it looked much, much more better.

------------------

Comment

Thanks Solver. If that's what you mean by "history" then the only thing I have is monthly history... not weekly. I could, fairly easily, come up with a report that shows monthly information if you wish. That might be kind of interesting anyway. I'll look into it.

edit: And, yes, that is all of the data that was used in calculating the ratings. Maybe if you had a specific example in mind, I might be able to help you with your missing lines.

Quinns
                              [This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 30, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X