Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Ratings (17-JAN-2001)

*** This thread is closed ***

Please refer to CTP Ratings (28-JAN-2001) for the latest ratings.
    [This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 28, 2001).]

*** Notice ***
    Congratulations to TheBirdMan for taking over first place!

Comment

And Congratulations to TheBirdMan on making a new all time HIGH RATING! 22.549

Comment

Thanks - thanks - thanks. I simply cannot thank you all too much.

I dedicate this to my audience, my mother, my father, my cats (all 7), my wife and all her birds (app. 100-120), my children - but most of all - to my competitiors... (sounds good!).

I will go down when the results from Monkey 2 and DC comes in

But what the heck.... It is only a game
        [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited January 18, 2001).]
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Oops! Sorry Solver, I forgot that you wanted to review the CTP Ratings Chart BEFORE I published it. Oh well, here it is anyway. If you disagree with something, Mister Ladder Administrator, please let me know and I shall fix it!

Quinns

Comment

GAH!! I am apalled! The King has been reduced to a meer(sp?) slave boy!!!

This cannot BE! .. Surely there is some mistake. ..Anyway. Quinns, I hope you remembered not to count me in the rating for DC until after turn 139.

Congratulations BirdMan. I'm gonna stop making threats since the point difference between you and me is something like 3 points. sniff! sniff!...
            [This message has been edited by King Thor (edited January 18, 2001).]
            King Thor

Comment

A hearty gratz to the Birdman from the bottom of the food chain. May your reign be long and prosporus!

Yeti the Meek

Comment

King Thor... right. Ducheese is not even a rated game yet. I'm still waiting for Slamp to give me Duck Hunter's initial rating. And for Slamp to tell me that all players in DC are in (except you) for the ratings.

*** NOTICE TO ALL GAME STARTERS IN RATED GAMES ***

Please post all of your turn ..9 power graph results to the latest CTP Ratings thread (this thread for now). I will not check each and every rated game thread to see if turn ..9 is reached.

Also, a reminder that all APPLICATIONS FOR NEW RATED GAMES need to be posted here with:
                1. Official game name;
                2. Player list (in turn order) of all players' APOLYTON HANDLES (no nick names please). Place players that wish to be "unrated" in parentheses;
                3. All desired rated players must have a current rating -- (please state their initial rating if they do not have a current rating).
                4. The current turn number;
                5. The turn number you want the game to become "rated".

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

[Copied from the Swissy 1 thread...]

Breaking in...

You know Jon and David, this brings up a good point related to rated game finishes. Jon, your "Tedium" comment started me thinking. What if (in rated games only) we say that, "if a player's Power Graph is clearly FOUR times larger than the next closest player, then GAME OVER". All players beneath the winner are ELIMINATED according to the Elimination Rule.

This would allow the losers to save face, saying something like, "Well, if it wasn't for that stupid rule, I would have come back and beat you!", while at the same time allowing the game to come to a merciful end. What do you all think?
                  [This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

I think instead of that, players should just be nice about it. Know when they are beaten and surrender.

I had a bad experience with some players in AOE who would run off into some corner with a fishing boat or a villager. And not accept defeat. I would always quit the game because it is a very boring process going and finding one fishing boat. So I just think when a player knows he is beaten beyond a doubt. He should simply surrender. I know I would.

just my two cents.

quinns
                    King Thor

Comment

I need an email address for Mobius, as I now must contact the Top 5 players, but there's no email for Mobius provided. Could someone please post or send me privately his email so that I can email him, too?

------------------
                      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

quinns,

I fully agree with this new rule. Some players just won't give in. King Thor (although against the rule, as I deduce from his first alinea) proves in his second alinea that quinns new rule should be there to safeguard against me, eh sorry , some players that do not give in.

Franses
                        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

King Thor,
                          Would you PLEASE STOP PUTTING MY NAME ON THE END OF YOUR SILLY MESSAGES!

And regard to your position about people being "nice". Right, if everyone was "nice" we really would not need any rules at all! The rules are there as a general guideline for all, but also to channel those who would not normally be "nice" to move in the proper direction.
                          [nice happy face!]

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited January 19, 2001).]

Comment

In online games it is held to be 'good practise' for those who have obviously lost to resign rather than track down every last village. This is, however only common protocol and no rule exists to enforce it. There is nothing to stop you, as KT describes with his AOE fishing boat, boring your opponents to a halt.

Swissy1 is a different case as Lung still has Wonders and geography on his side and it is the player who has the nearest PG Rating to me who will fall first.

The PG is a very bad indicator of real power when it comes down to pure brute force rather than numbers of cities and total military strength points.
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

Although quinns takes part and he already has all the ratings I suppose our newly started game has to be registered here too.

Name of the game:
                              Teamhorses

Teamsetting:
                              Demosthenes and Blackice
                              Quinns and 420
                              Franses and Darth Viper
                              Although it is a teamplay we are aware that we will be rated individually.

Players, Civilizations and playing order
                              1. 420 Irish
                              2. Darth Viper
                              3. Blackice Scottish
                              4. Quinns Mongol
                              5. Franses Egypt
                              6. Demosthenes Welsh

Current turn number:0

We would like the game to be rated from the start.

------------------
                              Franses (like Ramses).
                              [This message has been edited by Franses (edited January 21, 2001).]
                              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Working...
                              X