Two technical Apolyton problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two technical Apolyton problems??

These two technical problems are a real pain after too many times, and I do not know if the source of these problems are from Apolyton's server itself, but here goes:

1) Apolyton website opens up twice. After the page completely opens, it closes down, and then opens up for the second time.

2) Apolyton polls are invalid actions. It seems that Apolytoners are unable to vote on polls -- you can create them, but you can't vote on them. Unless this has been fixed at the time I'm creating this thread.

If Apolyton technical staff have been aware of these problems, and are already on them, then I appreciate their immediate action.
    If this problem is not from Apolyton's server however, and I am the only one experiencing such problems, I would appreciate help from those who are knowledgeable.

thanks guys
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Re: Two technical Apolyton problems??

Originally posted by MrFun
    1) Apolyton website opens up twice. After the page completely opens, it closes down, and then opens up for the second time.
    you're saying that a browser window closes and re-opens automatically?

2) Apolyton polls are invalid actions. It seems that Apolytoners are unable to vote on polls -- you can create them, but you can't vote on them. Unless this has been fixed at the time I'm creating this thread.
    this doesnt seem to be a constant problem for the users that have reported it, meaning that something goten wrong on their browser at that particular time rather than our script
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I would have thought that if the problem was with Apolytons server it would be affecting many people at the same time.

I have no problems.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Re: Re: Two technical Apolyton problems??

Originally posted by MarkG
        you're saying that a browser window closes and re-opens automatically?
        The browser window itself remains open, but after the first time the website downloads completely, it undownloads I guess, and then downloads a second time immediately after the first time the website has downloaded.

this doesnt seem to be a constant problem for the users that have reported it, meaning that something goten wrong on their browser at that particular time rather than our script
        If you say so. But next time I test a poll, I will be on your ass again.

Comment

That downloading then undownloading thing has occured several times for me too...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

it just came to me

are you visiting the forums using our IP address? you shouldnt

your bookmark should be http://apolyton.net/forums
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

And it happens with me every time, too. It's like pressing F5 right after the page has loaded.
              You make my life and times
              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

it just came to me

That is the address I am using... it nonetheless still occurs...
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

it just came to me

Ok, thanks for your help on this one. I will see if that actually works.

But I have found out that I am still unable to vote in polls.

Comment

MrFun, simply PM me and I will vote for you in a poll when I get them. Seriously I don't think I visit the same parts of the forums as you and so I would be happy to vote whatever why you would like me to if you PM me and give me a link.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanks, but I would rather find some way to resolve this technical problem and vote myself, directly.

Comment

Neither of these problems has occurred to me.

What platform and browser are you using Fun?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                        X