Replacement Players Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Players Wanted

We need two replacement players: One for "How About Some" (at turn 8) and one for "R2_Islands" (at turn 4).
    Arthur is being replaced in both of these games. Check out those topics to see if you are interested in playing. Both of these games are "rated" so you need to be (or become) a rated player to play. (See CTP PBEM Ratings and Rankings for more details on ratings.)

The replacement players will begin getting credited (or debited) on their ratings starting on turn 10. In other words, they won't be penalized (or rewarded) for the turns 0 through 9.

Any takers for replacements? If not, maybe we can start over with all of the active players from "How About Some" and "R2_Islands". That is: Solver, King Thor, Aaginor, St Jon, TheBirdMan, and Quinns. That's a six player game with a good group. Anybody want to do this? We can make it a very accelerated start with 4 stacks composed of 2 stacks of settlers and 2 stacks of warriors placed in a two by two tile square. 30% land, 80% islands. Just a thought.

Comment

I'd love to be a replacement but I'm not a rated player yet, and I can't seem to find out where to become a rated player.
      Anyways, I have never finished a whole pbem game (because of the lack of interest from the other players) but I'd like to give it a try. I normally play on Prince lvl against the AI and consider myself a fairly good cctp player (prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong).
      I'm ready to rock as soon as I know how to become a rated player and what mods/patches/maps you use.

Yours truly
      Notincompetent
      Regards
      Notuncommon

Comment

Hello Notuncommon!

Sorry but one position has been filled and the other has game has been cancelled.

Rated games seem to be getting more popular, though. Check out the topic "PBEM Ladders?" (quinns' notes specifically) regarding how the rating system works. It's easy to become rated. You mentioned that you play at Prince level. Does that mean that you have defeated the A/I at Prince level? If so, that gives you a rating of 17.000 which is pretty good. Your initial rating depends upon the highest level of artificial intelligence EVER defeated against CTP1 in a solo game.

I'm sure a new rated game will be starting up soon, so just keep watching the CTP1 Multiplayer forum.

See "CTP Ratings (21-Nov-00)" for a current listing of player ratings.

Comment

Not_un_common?

We might have a place for you in Fly High (sub, maybe replacement for Creator of the Assyrian).

Pls follow that tread.

TheBirdMan

Edit: And Giant Bird (also as sub for Creator)
          [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited November 27, 2000).]
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X