CTP PBEM Ratings and Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP PBEM Ratings and Rankings

Please refer to the updated topic under "CtP Multiplayer -- CTP Ratings (21-Nov-00)"
    [This message has been edited by quinns (edited November 21, 2000).]

Forget the HTML !
    [This message has been edited by quinns (edited October 31, 2000).]

Comment

You have lots of paragrapgh HTML tags before the text, don't now why. However, this still is some great job. Will be updated when I email you with the new ratings.

------------------
      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi Solver,

Thanks, but Microsoft Word did the conversion to HTML for me (from Excel).

Where did you see the paragraph tags P? I can't see them when I try to edit it. Where exactly in the code do you see the P's. It comes up fine in a regular browser, but when I post it to this site, it has a lot of blank space in the beginning.

Comment

How about turning games that have already started but only in their beginning stages also in Rated games?
          King Thor

Comment

Fine with me King Thor. But the CTP PBEM Administrator, (Solver), has the final word.
            [This message has been edited by quinns (edited October 27, 2000).]

Comment

Hello,

I will be posting new ratings tomorrow 31-OCT-2000. Anyone can be initially rated using our system. Please state in this thread what the single best level that you ever defeated the Call to Power Artificial Intelligence -- Chieftain, Warlord, Prince, King, Emperor, or Deity. We will automatically add you to the CtP PBEM Ratings shown above.

I'll continue to post ratings at the end of each month (unless popularity demands more frequent updates).

Best Regards.

Comment

As for me, the more rated games we have, the better and more interesting it is. I suggest we post at other game threads to ask if they want the game to become rated. I think that they will agree in most cases. I will either post myself, or if I don't I think Quinns can post.
                And, once a Month is not enough IMO, I think we need once in 2 weeks. BTW, Quinns, as an admin I keep a track of all player ratings on my computer, so I think I should be the one to post this. You better go and ask in other games do they want to be rated. I think that the date today is Oct 31, so we might post again tomorrow. As the rankings will be posted each 10 turns (we'll ask for it in new rated games), I suggest the following actions:
                1. Rating is posted
                2. Quinns performs calcualtions
                3. Quinns send me an email with the new ratings.
                4. I update the ratings

------------------

Comment

Ratings updated.

Comment

I'd like to be rated in the games I'm playing if possible. I've beaten the AI at Diety several times.

King Thor

Comment

Got tired of this stuff. Here are the ratings with HTML and King Thor.

Oh, well here it is in plain text.
                      1. Aaginor 21.000 0 0
                      2. TheBirdMan 21.000 0 0
                      3. King Thor 21.000 0 0
                      4. StJon 21.000 0 0
                      5. Stavros 21.000 0 0
                      6. Quinns 19.000 0 0
                      7. Solver 18.000 0 0

------------------
                      [This message has been edited by Solver (edited November 01, 2000).]
                      [This message has been edited by Solver (edited November 02, 2000).]
                      [This message has been edited by Solver (edited November 02, 2000).]

Comment

At the risk of sounding very stupid, how are the rankings worked out
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____
                        www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

No problem, The True Demosthenes. Check out the "PBEM LADDERS" topic. We did some fairly long winded explanations and examples in there. Let me know if it still doesn't make sense after you read that.

Regards.
                          [This message has been edited by quinns (edited November 01, 2000).]

Comment

Solver,

That looks real good... except for those @#$% multiple blank lines in the beginning! (that's why I switched to the other format).

Once we decide on the best format, I think you should start a new topic with the name "CtP PBEM Ratings and Rankings". That way you can edit the first thread in the topic. I think your system for updating and posting the ratings is fine. I'll need for you to prompt the rated game players for the 10 turn status report for each rated game. (Maybe another topic with just the 10 turn status reports of ALL games. That would be good.)

Regards

Comment

It's strange. When I try to edit the post, I can't see the paragraph tags, but when I view the HTML source for this page, I see them. Dunno how to fix, perhaps I should remove the HTML thing until I figure out why this happens.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X