Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the best civ3 player of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think is the best civ3 player of all time?

-
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Aeson and Sir Pleb

Comment

I vote for 1-iz-1337, with HappySunShine a close second.

Comment

Aeson

Comment

So far (Of all time? Dude, it's been like a YEAR), Aeson. Just looking at "So Very Cold..." should pretty much cement that. If anyone can beat Diety with a worse start position, well, I'll be damned.

Until MP comes out though, it's kinda hard to say that for sure. Oh sure, you can kick the AI's butt, but a lot of the clever psychological strategies that make MP masters killers aren't applicable to the game yet. You can't FOOL the AI, so to speak. You can know how it operates and exploit that, but you can't completely hoodwink it. A masterful MP player just might.

So like I said, we'll wait and see. But Aeson, man, he's light-years ahead of me, that much I know.

Comment

Aeson without a doubt. Of course, if anybody wants to submit a game that would shame "so very cold..." I'd be willing to change my opinion.

Comment

Ok for the masses where is this "so very cold", can I look at it? Thanks....

Comment

Aeson.

And then the other strat forum regulars!!

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Velociryx. He has helped the newbs of Civ games for a while, and his guides are very easy to understand. Aeson is good, but statistically SirPleb is better. But we all know how good the scoring system is...

Aeson had an excellent iceberg game. I loved that game, but I really do think multiplayer will be a better challenge for him. As for pure skills, no one knows who is the best now because the AI has too many weaknesses.
                  Wrestling is real!

Comment

Aeson, if SVC is any indication.

Started on a glacial continent, went on to destroy most of the 15 other civs (IIRC, it was 15) and win by Domination.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Besides me........Aeson.

Seriously, i think Aeson is the best player. But a while ago, Sir Ralph was talking about a German guy who won a emperor game without building any military units. No that, is impressive. But so far, i havent sen anyone who can top Aeson. (Vel is obviously a very good player, just from hi threads, but id like too see one of his games first.

Comment

The non-military game was an aberration, and, while interesting, doesn't hold a candle to SVC (nice one, Vlad).

Where has Sir Pleb disappeared to, btw?

I'll throw out some additional awards:

Aeson - Rational, disciplined, indomitable wins.

Vel - Spirit and intellect.

Arrian - Went Dark Side, and and never came back... the balanced warrior.

Catt - The explorer and experimenter.

Sir Ralph - Wise... and playful.

alexman - "Puts on *blank* expert hat"

Lord Merciless - Damn, he became expert fast! (seriously)

HSS - No kidding, from what I can tell an obsessive master at one of the most important aspects of the game, especially come MP. A little decorum would be appreciated, although not at the expense of some fireworks.

And too many more to mention... I've really enjoyed getting into 'poly, and 'meeting' all of you.

Hmmm, someone around here knows a lot about Armies...
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

There are a lot of really good players here and at CivFanatics, but I'd have to say SirPleb. He has one of those 'life' things though, which seems to have claimed him lately.

I think multiplayer will show a whole different set of 'best' players. Civ games are a lot about motivation. If it isn't there, the extra time and micromanagement necessary to turn a well played game into a great one can be easy to pass on. The motivations for single player and PvP are often mutually exclusive. Not to mention that tactics like sleeping on a move (which I have done many times) wouldn't go over too well with people waiting for their turn!

Comment

Aeson. His cold island game is something I believe not many will be able to repeat. Velociryx is, as always, excellent with his strategy advice and deep insight of the game, that kind of posts you love to read, you know.

Taking whatever time I can get to play Civ 3, though, I hope to become one of the good players, as well.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Sirian from Civfanatics is also a very good player.

Comment

Working...
                              X