World Report and History of the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Report and History of the World

I was just wondering if the World Report SLIC done by Fin Fahey for Ctp1, could be used in the up and coming History of the World mod. I think i would definitly add just that little bit extra + as it was made so long ago maybe could be added to or improved?

And another couple of things, i was looking through the tile improvements the other day and i saw some strange things, i was wondering if someone could explain what they are to me?

TI Number 29 = Looks to me like a land mine, could these be put back into the game?? then the mine sweeper unit from ctp1 could be used to sweep them, Is that possible?

TI Number 31 = Looks like a different version of the airport that is meant for mountains only. (could this be put back in, make so that normal airport cannot be built on mountains except this version?

TI Number 87 = WTF a massive wall or base for a forcefield??

TI Number 89,90,91 = These seem to be all related, but what are they??

TI Number 92 = Ruins of some sort, but for what... are they used at all?

TI Number 129 - 147 = Look like basis for all road types?

There are a few other strange things, like all the space jumk left in there and the fishing net repeated?

Also in the tile list there are a few weird things

Tile Number 234 = Different coloured underwater tile with the number 1615 put over it?

Tile Number 299-302 = Looks like all part of the same volcano. In one of the scenarios i guess could these be used to appear together on random maps (i doubt)

Tile Number 305 = I think this looks perfect for the Barbarian Encampment Slc. If converted to a TI and the green grass taken away

Im assuming the rest of the weird ones at the end are from a scenario of some sort Samurai or watever....

Anyway thanks for reading through this long list and answering some of the questions at least (if u did )

SMIFFGIG
    Attached Files
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

P.S.

there is "gtset555" and "gtset565" why is there two

the first one seems to be fine and the second one seems to be the exact same thing only in bad pallete ???

SMIFFGIG
    Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

about til file

What does the History of the World mod do?

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's

TI Number 29 = Looks to me like a land mine, could these be put back into the game?? then the mine sweeper unit from ctp1 could be used to sweep them, Is that possible?
      It is easy slic work to do if any futher complication appears. I can make the slic work for mine but the problem is the to teach the AI. Not too hard to do but more complex. The problem is that i am already too busy with city expansion and religion (i wish i knew where mapfi is )

TI Number 31 = Looks like a different version of the airport that is meant for mountains only. (could this be put back in, make so that normal airport cannot be built on mountains except this version?
      you could do better. you can make the airport have this graphic when built in mountains. No need for extra TI.
      Just go to tileimp.txt and replace the TILEIMP_AIR_BASES data to this one
      Code:
      ############################################################

TILEIMP_AIR_BASES {
         Icon ICON_TILEIMP_AIR_BASES
         Tooltip TOOLTIP_TILEIMP_SELECT_AIRBASE_BUTTON
         Statusbar STATUSBAR_TILEIMP_SELECT_AIRBASE_BUTTON
         Level 2
         Class:Structure1

ConstructionTiles 1
         ConstructionTiles 1
         ConstructionTiles 1

CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_BEACH
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_DEEP
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_RIFT
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_SHALLOW
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_SHELF
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_TRENCH
         CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WATER_VOLCANO

Excludes:ATM
         Excludes:Farm
         Excludes:LandDetector
         Excludes:Mine
         Excludes:OceanFarm
         Excludes:OceanDetector
         Excludes:OceanATM
         Excludes:Structure1
         Excludes:Structure2
         Excludes:OceanMine

TerrainEffect {
            Terrain TERRAIN_BROWN_HILL
            Terrain TERRAIN_BROWN_MOUNTAIN
            Terrain TERRAIN_DESERT
            Terrain TERRAIN_FOREST
            Terrain TERRAIN_GLACIER
            Terrain TERRAIN_GRASSLAND
            Terrain TERRAIN_HILL
            Terrain TERRAIN_JUNGLE
            Terrain TERRAIN_PLAINS
            Terrain TERRAIN_SWAMP
            Terrain TERRAIN_TUNDRA
            Terrain TERRAIN_WHITE_HILL
            Terrain TERRAIN_WHITE_MOUNTAIN

Airport
            VisionRange 3
            RadarRange 3
            EnableAdvance ADVANCE_AERODYNAMICS
            ProductionCost 1000
            ProductionTime 4
            TilesetIndex 32
         }
         TerrainEffect {
            Terrain TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN

Airport
            VisionRange 4
            RadarRange 4
            EnableAdvance ADVANCE_AERODYNAMICS
            ProductionCost 1000
            ProductionTime 5
            TilesetIndex 33
         }
      }
      I am waiting you to tell me if it looked good or not
      TI Number 87 = WTF a massive wall or base for a forcefield??
      This one looks too high i dont think i have ever seen it. Yet number 88 is a good one for a future wall
      TI Number 89,90,91 = These seem to be all related, but what are they??
      The 90 seem to be the one that fit in the city when the National Shield is built. The others a probably related to that.

TI Number 92 = Ruins of some sort, but for what... are they used at all
      I think they are leftovers
      TI Number 129 - 147 = Look like basis for all road types?
      Those are the Maglevs graphics.
      There are a few other strange things, like all the space jumk left in there and the fishing net repeated?
      Space is from CTP1 and i think if they had time thy were going to implement space. Since you would be suprised if you saw how many space references there are in the files
      Tile Number 234 = Different coloured underwater tile with the number 1615 put over it??
      I think it is a test file. who knows. A programmer leftover!
      Tile Number 299-302 = Looks like all part of the same volcano. In one of the scenarios i guess could these be used to appear together on random maps (i doubt)
      Are you sure those arent in the game. There are a number of tile rules wich some of this graphis only appear depending on the combination of the neighbor tiles
      Tile Number 305 = I think this looks perfect for the Barbarian Encampment Slc. If converted to a TI and the green grass taken away
      It is for the Samurai Scenario. And i am thinking in change my code to TI instead of actually cities but i dont like the idea of having units over the camp and not inside it. I will think about it but as i said before i am busy with others slic work.

Im assuming the rest of the weird ones at the end are from a scenario of some sort Samurai or watever....
      You got that right

there is "gtset555" and "gtset565" why is there two
      looks like only the 565 works in the game. The 555 is probably to visualize the colors they actually are. But Tiledit has in the colors menu the option In-game color mode wich makes the 555 unused.

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's Anyway thanks for reading through this long list and answering some of the questions at least (if u did )
      you're welcome
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

The world report SLIC is conceivable I think.

Only of you like being able to muller the AI with minimal effort, strategy or risk.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hey pedrunn i tried ur code, and the airport looks absolutly perfect on normal mountains, however it doesnt look that great on polor and desert mountains but it works perfectly too .

I hope locutus has read this thread as he could use some of these things in the up and comming History of the World mod.

Pedrunn

Tile 88, i agree this looks great for a modern wall

Im sure tiles 299 - 302 are only in a scenario, Samuari scenario i think it is. It would be nice to see this rarely on random maps. However i think better has already been done with the visible disasters mod

Immortal Wombat

Do you not think mines could be added succesfully. Could they not be made so they take a long time to lay (as they would in real life to mine such an extesive area) and the AI scripted to send a mine sweeper (or more?) into enemy territory to scout around before they sent any great amount of units into the enemies territory?

SMIFFGIG
          Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

what's WTF... is it "what the (f word)"?

Comment

To be honest, I don't think the AI will ever be able to use them very effectivly. They can't be added as simply tile improvements, because there needs to be accompanying SLIC code to make them "explode" - but then there is no way to make the AI place them.
              The human, however, will lay them everywhere, and leave only one route out of each city for their own units. The AI will need to stack a mine sweeper with every single stack, in order to negotiate the map successfully. This is not likely to help the AIs ability to launch a successful attack.

The mines will of course be invisible, so in that regard the human's advantage is lesser, but only if the AI can be "trained" to avoid their own, instead of deactivating them with their minesweepers.

The idea has been discussed in the creation forums for CtP, CtP2 and Civ3, and the threads have gone on for ages. In most cases, its utterly possible to add mines, but IMO, the AI is the reason why it has not ever been properly included.

what's WTF... is it "what the (f word)"?
              Yes.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hmm, I did plan on reintroducing the rankings from TP's PowerSLICs (as well as Civ1/2/3) in my mod, I'm not sure if this is the same (didn't check your code yet). I always thought TP made these rankings himself but this sounds like it is the same thing, so maybe he didn't after all. Fin was a much underestimated modmaker, so it's quite possible...
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Okay, checked. So it's not the same. I do plan on adding more rankings/data then TP did, but I'm not sure if I'll use these exact data - I'm not sure how useful it is to know the total number of goods on the planet...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X