SCENARIO: Imperialism c. 1492

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: Imperialism c. 1492

I've just finished off a scenario, I think it is complete (I'm really forgetful about stuff, but I think I've checked everything and it'll work right).

Basically I have a Standard map that *Represents* the Earth and its civilizations of the time. There are 12: England, France, Germany, Russia, Japan, China, India, Persia, Zulu, Irrquois (sp?) America & Aztec.
    You should play as either France or Britain. Japan could also be played for a challenge, but don't bother trying anyone else unless you enjoy frustration (the game is really balanced against them)

The four Europeans are in mid-Medieval, Japan a step below. China and India have just entered the Medieval Age (and thus have their UU's). Persia is mid-Ancient, while the American Civs have only the first Ancient techs.

Oh, and my apologies for any apparent Euro-Centrism, I was just trying to balance it accurately.

A few changes, mostly to Despotism and Tech Costs in order to slow tech advancement (eg. Ancient techs are more expensive than normal, keeping those civs there longer)

Anyway, Don't think it takes a whole lot of explaining (too much might ruin it ). So without anymore ado, here's the download. I hope you like it, please leave any remarks you have about how much it Sucks/Rules or anything in between.

-Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew_Jay; August 14, 2002, 17:08.
    You sunk my Scrableship!

Sounds interesting.
    I'll give it a go.

Comment

THE DOWNLOAD

I'm afraid you'll need to try another download, I only just discovered that I mixed up a bunch of UU's.
      I don't think the English had Immortals
      Sorry.

I also stuck some wonders in a few cities, some acurately, some just because.

Here's the good one (Until I or someone else finds another mistake).
      Attached Files
      You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

i will let you *polish it* a little before downloading, but looks cool

Comment

I've made a few more changes to it, for some more polishing. The problem is that I don't often have the patience to load up Civ3 (it takes a while for me) and test scenarios. I'm not going got post anything new yet, as what I've played through so far has failed to be what I was aiming for.

Main changes are to map and communications trading. It was pretty annoying to know almost everybody on the first turn, and to have an accurate map stretching from France to China. Now you can't trade maps until you get navigation, and there is no communications trading at all (at least until I find a better solution).

Also, as I said, I'm not posting the update yet as I have found a new direction for this scenario to go. I'm going to start experimenting with random maps (probably large or huge) and letting you start from scratch. I will however give the different Civs different start-up units, enough probably for the more powerful ones to have 4 or more cities within a couple of turns. If you're thinking that this sounds a lot like Imperialism II you're right, that's the theme I was going for all along.

Anyway, if anybody has any complaints about what they've downloaded so far (don't be shy, it really hasn't lived up to what I was expecting either, mostly because the map isn't big enough) please send them along. I'd love to hear some suggestions too. I'm looking forward to making this as good as possible, as it is really my first original scenario.

Thanks
          -Andrew
          Last edited by Andrew_Jay; August 15, 2002, 21:20.
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Working...
          X