Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Units from Previous Civs and Suggestion for New Units

Some units should be added again to Civ, like:

Alpine Troops: 1/3 movement rating in all terrains. It should be a weaker version of the riflemen or of the infantry.

Baloon: Should be added as like an "Air Explorer". It should have 3 movement points, no defense points and shouldn't move like the other air units.

Zeppelin: A cheaper air bombing unit than the bomber. It should have lower stats than the bomber. It should be available when you discover the flight.

Peasant's Infantry or Light Medieval Infantry: A lower cost medieval infantry. Its ADM would be lower than the Medieval infantry's one.

Military Truck or Bus: It should be available when you discover Motorized transportation. It should have 2 or 3 movement points and should be able to carry 2 foot soldier units.

Attack Helicopter: It should be similar to the Civ2 helicopter.
    Last edited by PMLF; August 12, 2002, 17:38.

I think that Medieval Infantry is in the game. It's in the Warrior line: Warrior--> Swordsman--> Medieval Infantry--> Guerilla Fighter. Alpine Troops & a Zeppilin unit would be a good idea; but a Military Truck, Baloon, and Attack Helicopter can't be made possible with the game's engine (problems with carring land units in land units, and the aircraft model in general).
    Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
    If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
    If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

Re: Missed Units from Previous Civs and Suggestion for New Units

Originally posted by PMLF
      Zeppelin: A cheaper air bombing unit than the bomber. It should have lower stats than the bomber. It should be available when you discover the flight.
      Actually, zeppelins and othe lighter-than-air aircraft were around long before flight.

Everything else sounds great
      Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
      If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Holy crap, two people with the name Trevor replying to the same post. Kinda weird, isn't it?

Comment

An attack helo would not have to be a troop carrier persay. Yes, the original Huey was rather quickly modified to carry weapons in 'Nam, but being an attack helo wasn't really its primary purpose even then. The troop transport function was still key. The weaponry was more of an offensive-defense nature.

The real attack helos are ones like the Huey Cobra, Apache and Comanche gunships the US Army had, has or is working on. So far as I know the only true attack helo with troop carrying ability is the Soviet Hind, and the best I can say for that is that the Soviets never were quite right in their collective head.

I think an attack helo could be reasonably represented with a high attack value, low defensive value, fast movement and a ZOC. That would reasonably represent the sort of role most designers are developing them for. They can get to the enemy fast and kill them quickly, but don't expect them to really be able to hold ground against a determined assault.

Comment

Even if Firaxis doesn't make these units, you can. The editor is pretty good at this and if you do it right the AI knows how to use most units.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by trevor
              I think that Medieval Infantry is in the game. It's in the Warrior line: Warrior--> Swordsman--> Medieval Infantry--> Guerilla Fighter. Alpine Troops & a Zeppilin unit would be a good idea; but a Military Truck, Baloon, and Attack Helicopter can't be made possible with the game's engine (problems with carring land units in land units, and the aircraft model in general).

I know that there will be Medieval Infantry but I want a light Medieval Infantry too to simulate the non-elite medieval armies (peasants army).

Comment

Cruiser: Comes with refining.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

A Cruiser-type would be very useful. Heavier-hitting than the Destroyer but cheaper and less raw power than a battleship.
                  Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Zeppelins, Shock Troops, Poison Gas units.

All can be added in, and are best in a World War One scenario. We had them in the Civ 2 WW I scenario.

Alpine troops I think were too strong in Civ 2 (and that yellow uniform was dumb), but some version of them could be made available.

Comment

Re: Missed Units from Previous Civs and Suggestion for New Units

Originally posted by PMLF

Baloon: Should be added as like an "Air Explorer". It should have 3 movement points, no defense points and shouldn't move like the other air units.
                      Maybe available w/navigation or magnatism. They could have hidden nationality so you could go anywhere and observe anything you want.

Attack Helicopter: It should be similar to the Civ2 helicopter.
                      The lack of an attack helo is a gaping hole in C3. It could be used offensively against land and sea targets and defensively like arty.

Comment

But of course the Attack Helicopter would be the same as a jet or any other aircraft, if it was made as a land unit then it could work. Bleyn: I was talking about the truck idea, the second thing about air units applies to the attack helicopter, not the first.

Comment

Working...
                        X