Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCEMENT! - New LUNGMATCH Tournament Looking for Players!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCEMENT! - New LUNGMATCH Tournament Looking for Players!!!

I am starting up a tournament based on the "Lung's Deathmatch" series of CTP pbem games.

The existing games will be included, and the format will remain the same for all games i.e. 3 players, small map, lots of goods and rivers, warlord level (2 settlers), no alliances. The Lungmatch tournament will consist of 12 players, split initially into 4 games of 3 players each. Each game will be played twice, with the starting positions reversed i.e. if you started last in your first game, you will start first in the second game. Effectively, players 1 and 3 will swap positions while player 2 remains in the same position.

The top six players will progress to the semis, with the top three going into the final. Points will be given for positions finished in each game, with a countback applying to players on equal points. Points apply as follows;-

Win - 2 points
    2nd - 1 point
    Last - 0 points

The countback is decided by preferences given as follows;

1st criteria - Most wins
    2nd criteria - fastest win
    3rd criteria - longest surviving without winning

For example - 4 players finish equal fifth on 2 points each, with players finishing as follows;-

Player 1 - win 300AD, last 1250BC
    Player 2 - 2nd 150BC, 2nd 300AD
    Player 3 - 2nd 400BC, 2nd 700AD
    Player 4 - last 250BC, win 700AD

Only players 1 and 4 won games, with each winning 1. Player 1 wins the countback with the fastest win. Player 4 then becomes
    the 2nd on countback. Out of the remaining players, player 3 lasted the longest, hence finishes 3rd in the countback, while player
    2 comes last. Therefore, players 1 and 4 would progress to the semis, taking positions 5 and 6. While the above scenario is not
    mathematically possible (i didn't bother to create the full 12 player scenario), there will definitely be players on equal points with such limited points available.

Please note that players will play the same players in both of their preliminary games. To do otherwise would require more games,
    which is not viable due to time limitations. The six semi-finalists will be positioned as follows;-

1st after preliminary rounds will play 1st in semi-final #1.
    2nd will play 1st in semi-final #2
    3rd plays 2nd in s/f 2
    4th - 2nd in s/f 1
    5th - last in s/f 1
    6th - last in s/f 2

The top 3 will play in the final based on points followed by countback.

I may consider playing the final twice, with players swapping positions to make the final even. If i have no feedback, i will have
    only one final game as sudden death. At this point i'm sure you are all asking - "how long will this take?". Well, Lung's Deathmatch
    1 should be finished within a month (although Don may disagree), providing a result in 4-5 months - perhaps 1-2 years ahead of
    some of the full pbem games. With some games yet to start, we may be ready for semi-finals by the new year, making it possible for
    the tournament to finish next year, ahead of many existing pbem games. Such is the benefit of playing only 3 players on a small
    map, with emphasis on death and destruction;-)

POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW!!! With six positions already taken by the existing players, there are six remaining positions.

If you're interested, either reply here or email me at davidl@ind.tansu.com.au

Count me in.
    Leadername: Shavlor
    Civ: Romans

Comment

I knew i could count on the warmongers

Welcome, Shavlor the Ruthless

Comment

Yo!

Count me in!

Tomas de Torquemada

Spanish

If you please... Any patches I might need before starting on this little soiree?

TdT
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You don't need any mods - just cunning, guile, and mercilessness

Comment

Oh in that case lung I don't know if I can play I am always too nice.

How many more players do you need?

Comment

OK,I'll give it a shot.

Demosthenes of the Welsh if you please.
              Cariad,
              Demosthenes.
              _____
              www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Oooh, Demos! It looks like you're being matched up with Shavlor, as you are both among the first three respondees. I can always put you in the last group if you want

Shav - three more, please!

Comment

Me vs Shavlor? That will make a change!

Don't worry, we could make it the decider
                  Cariad,
                  Demosthenes.
                  _____

Comment

Oh no I am going to have to fight Demos again.
                    Ok I will try to get more players. Lung please Email me a list of players so I don't ask players who are already in.

Comment

Sure Ill give it a try.
                      Civ: Egyptians
                      Leader Name: Sophix
                      Time Zone: -6 GMT

Comment

I need one more player to make the tournament! From the players signed up so far, it's a who's who of pbem veterans so far . It's definitely going to be hard to win at this rate Lung's Deathmatch3 will start shortly, but i need one more player for Lung's Deathmatch 4!!!

Comment

Ok, if you still need one more, I'm ready to go.

Rick
                          Russians
                          -5 GMT

Comment

Rick of the Russians? Nifty name!

Lung, did you get my email? I hope that clarifies the issue.

Shavlor and Mobius, eh? My my, how I alwys seem to be fighting Shavlor. But Mobius, we have yet to engage war against one another.

I soooo know this game is gonna rock. I can't wait.
                            [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited April 01, 2000).]
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____

Comment

Learned Demosthenes, are you suggesting that the name "Rick of the Russians" might fail to send shivers of fear down the spine of all who would face my mighty armies? Good, then. Any who would underestimate me based on name alone will not make the same mistake twice!
                              [This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited April 02, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X