Join the Unity News Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Unity News Network

Are you an aspiring writer who wants to get his works out to the world? Well now you can! For a special limited time offer, the UNN is taking free signups!

There are several exciting jobs here at the UNN, which include (but are most definately not limited to!!!)

REPORTER: In this job, you go around finding news items, and then you translate those items into articles. After which, you send the articles to the editor! Pay is subject to negotiation.

EDITOR: In this job, you as the editor are charged with the task of finding articles, writing articles, putting them into the paper, and submitting the paper out to the network! You collaberate with the REPORTER, the CHIEF EDITOR, and the GENERAL POPULACE a lot! Pay is subject to negotiation however will not go below 20 dollars per hour.

POPULACE REPORTER: This is possibly the easiest job of them all. From here, all you do is submit articles. No deadlines to worry about, nobody to report to...All you do is submit them to the editor of whicever edition of the paper you wish!

And there are hundreds of other exciting jobs here at the UNN!

BONUS!!!!!!! For a very limited time, joining the UNN as either a reporter or an editor gives you a FREE TRIP TO THE ALPHA CENTAURI STAR SYSTEM ONBOARD THE UNITED NATIONS STARSHIP UNITY!!! *contact your local newspaper for details

Currently, our roster goes something like this:

-------------------
    TASSADAR: Chief Editor of the Unity News Network, and Editor of the UNN Wednesday Edition.
    CRISLER: Inspirational reporter for all editions of the Unity News Network!

DEATH BY THE SWORD: Populace Reporter
    GNOOL: Populace Reporter
    KASSIOPEIA: Populace Reporter.
    -------------------

Let's get this roster FILLED UP! And all you have to do is ask. What have ya got to lose? Join now!

Paid for an funded by the United Nations - Bringing the World Closer to Your Home, One Meeting at a Time
    Last edited by Nubclear; August 12, 2002, 06:10.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

I'd like to be a Populace Reporter. I could do features on tech discoveries.
    Credentials - one year of writing ACfics; IMO my best one thus far can be read in the Apolyton Directory's AC fiction section.
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 10, 2002, 21:22.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I donnu if i have any time or the right stuff for this but i want to try it so I want to be a populace reporter too (this means only submit when I have something right?)
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
        I donnu if i have any time or the right stuff for this but i want to try it so I want to be a populace reporter too (this means only submit when I have something right?)
        Pretty much. But at least you get a new title!

Comment

Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Btw are we allready on the spaceship or still on Earth? trying to write a story here !
            Bunnies!

Comment

Almost crashing on Planet I'd say. In the nominations thread Sprayber says Deirdre has already gone off with a pod. Why else would I be here with the PKs?!?
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well can I be a reporter? Could you tell me what I'm supposed to look for as stories? Plus one more questions. 1. What do you mean pay? Are you just adding that for realism? Also should I be doing a really crappy job please tell me or fire me.

Comment

Hold on scrach my post for reporter. I just posted a party and I don't think I'll be able to do both sorry.

Comment

I wouldn't mind being a populace reporter. I haven't been in a democracy game so I'm not really sure how to do anything and I think this is the simplest thing I can do (without being a boring old citizen). Can I be one pleeeeeeeeeeez?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnool
                      I wouldn't mind being a populace reporter. I haven't been in a democracy game so I'm not really sure how to do anything and I think this is the simplest thing I can do (without being a boring old citizen). Can I be one pleeeeeeeeeeez?
                      But of course, Comrade Gnool.

Comment

woohoo

Comment

remember everyone: i need submissions (via PM) by the end of tuesday or the beginning of wednesday....it can be about anything you want...contact me (VIA PM) for more info or questions or whatever.

Comment

I have PMed you but i like some feedback please!?
                            Bunnies!

Comment

il be a populace reporter (just for the free trip)

Comment

Working...
                              X