Decidedly average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decidedly average

I'm playing on the second dificulty level, and it seems to be decidedly average to be at war with 3 people!

my current over seas war is against America (Light Blue),
    Just as they only had 2 citys left they got an allience against me with China (Whitish Pink). Then just as America only had 1 city left China decided its allie isn't much cop so it got France (Default pink) to fight me too! I currently have a ship near Chinas homeland (Which i have named H.M.S Enterprise) that has been charged with the task of exploring the the big inky spot on my map to the southwest! Its managed to see of a few Enemy vessels!
    Also to keep the chinese buisy i have sent a ship (H.M.S Bedford) to drop off some units just along the coast of the nearest Chinese city. This is an attempt to keep the Chinese from transporting any units over to the American/French Front!

Oh, and back the reason i made this thread.
    1, is it normal for every civ to be at war with at least 2 people, and on average 3!
    2, any advice?
    Attached Files
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

When I was playing that difficulty level and when I first started playing Regent, it was pretty common for everyone to be at war. I would usually see two world wars per game.

As far as advice, I like to sign alliances of my own when I go to war. Especially if there is someone I'm worried about haveing to fight at the same time as the civ I'm currently fighting.

Comment

1. It depends a lot on what size map, how many civs are in the game, reputation of the civ in question, etc. I have gone to war with a civ and within two turns been at war with six, and other times it has been one on one. I have dragged other civs into war through MPP’s and seen them get 3 – 6 other civs to ally. Then other times I have seen them sit back do nothing and leave me to slug it out. I guess it thought I would forget. (Someone should inform the AI that we are not as stupid as it is)

2. Build more cities! Every time the map is full and the only option to expand is war my domestic advisor says, “Build more cities!” She obviously dyes her hair Don’t “see” enemy vessels, “SINK” enemy vessels! Who is the yellow, haw far along are they what is their relationship with the French and what is your relationship with them? An alliance with them might be useful, the French might not like it but then what are enemies for?

Comment

French are full on war mongering, they started the first inter-continental war! They were also the first to find and attack HMS Enterprise. Its currently swimming about trying to avoid every Chinese Vessel!

HMS Bedford still hasn't got anywhere near the Chinese Coast!

Comment

oh, and it was 12 civs, but Russia was destroyed.

Comment

HMS Bedford still hasn't got anywhere near the Chinese Coast!
            Row faster! Are you anywhere close to being able to build Magellan's Voyage? You might also want to increase the size of your navy, with the size of your empire it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

HMS Bedford is a Caraval!
              And i'm trying to hurry the research to get magellans voyage!
              Can sombody remind me what it actualy does?

Comment

It gives all your ships one extra movement point.

Comment

as you can see, the gaps between the citys cultural boarders on the northern continent show that its only just been through a frontline stage!

Comment

oh, and Rome has been destroyed too!

Comment

i'll tell you how it goes tomorrow, as well as screenies of any plans!

Comment

I changed the colors so long ago I don't remember who was originally what. So what color are the Romans, and who is the yellow?

Comment

Yellow is Egypt, Navy blue is me Britain. The other normal blue is Babylon, light blue is America!
                          I don't know what colour Rome is in my game, cuz they were killed early!

Comment

I don't know what colour Rome is in my game, cuz they were killed early!
                            Sorry, I got sidetracked while responding and apparently developed cranial flatulence before finishing. But upon refocusing I would definitely try to drag Cleo into the war against the French. And I would definitely get that little purple pimple off of my freaking continent !

Comment

i'm the Dark blue with a continent/island to my self! And Egypt is my allie against the americans, so i spose she mite help!

Comment

Working...
                              X