Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About abbreviations

Hi,

I realize that most posters like to use abbreviations in their posts. Like ICS and so forth.

However, I would like to suggest a standard...as such.

Whenever using a termt hat is so long that you need to abbreviate, is it so hard to spell it out fully the first time you use it and then refer to it as its abbreviation? They do this alot in articles.

I only say this because although I play civ alot, i only browse the forums occasionally, and whenever i see an abbreviation that i don't recognize, i have to go and look up the thread that matches the abbreviations with their meanings...

any thoughts?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

There's an abbreviation thread somewhere. Otherwise, feel free to ask, either in the open or via PM.

ICS is Infinite City Strategy (or, sometimes, Sleaze).

I know what you mean, though... it took me a long time to figure some out.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

There's an abbreviations thread on top in the general forum...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
      X