Report Post Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Post Feature

Just wondering, how often is this used and how useful is it to you, the moderators?

[Note: I have used it twice so far today... first time in months ]

And does anyone else use it
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Something has to really get to me for me to use it. I've used it once or twice before, but I'll usually just ignore any problems and assume the mods will clean up later.

Comment

Re: Report Post Feature

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      [Note: I have used it twice so far today... first time in months ]
      I noticed

I will read through every one I get. Many times I take action right away. For some complaints, I will just file it because it is borderline... If the complaints stack up against somebody, I will then take action. And for a few, I just delete them, because they either don't make sense or are just plain silly.

In your case DarkCloud... I filed both of them.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How does it work for you mods? For instance, a couple times I have reported threads that I felt should be closed for spamming - is a report what should have been used? Or only for bad behavior of one poster?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

You get Mings fastest reaction when you report a post with comment something like "Look at the boobs on that one!"
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I've only ever used it once. MtG put a bullet in the offending thread in less than 2.5 minutes IIRC.
            I was most impressed.

Comment

I think I have used it once, when someone posted something that was in my opinion far behond the line. (I think I was the only one with that opinion though )

I think it's a good feature, but I always feel with features like that like I'm at school, and someone is going to report to the teacher that I did something wrong.

Again: I agree with the feature, and I think it's good, but I can't help that I get that feeling. It's just the feeling I get. This feeling inside me, you know.

Ming, don't you ever get that feeling, like 'yike, weanie, get the hell out of here with your friends-reporting annoying call for attention attitude' ?
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I haven't used it here or on any other Forums, as I am tolerant of nearly anything out there
                I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
                "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Ming, don't you ever get that feeling, like 'yike, weanie, get the hell out of here with your friends-reporting annoying call for attention attitude' ?
                  I never report my friends.

Seriously. I won't hesitate to report posts that I think are out of line. I don't read the political, troll, or personal attack threads in the off-topic any more because I'd be tempted to report everyone.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I'll usually only use it when two (or more) posters have threadjacked an otherwise interesting thread by hurling asinine insults at one another. That's about the only thing that really gets my goat.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I've used it once. But not due some 'disallowed material'. Only to report that a thread has 500 posts, and it should be closed - so that another could be started.
                      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Yeah, I used it a few times to snitch out people to Ming.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I´ve used it a few times, but since I put Bodds on ignore I haven´t had to use it at all actually...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Thanks ming
                            Well, this feature seems to be getting better use than I thought it had.

(P.S. ming, that poster I mentioned in the report HAS to be a DL Look at his name and his posting style )
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Care to let us other in on your little secret?
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X