This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hah hah hah

I have been spending most of my time working and playing other games lately...decided to load up civ3 and I played a few turns of a modern age game I had lying around..

And I laughed out loud. Its so tedious and slow, and the wait...

And there is no fun in the game at all.

I feel sorry for those few of you that still play this turkey.

And plan to shell out more for the expansion.

Who's to be felt sorry for most? The one who goes back to play a game that he never enjoyed, or the one who's still playing the game he enjoys?

Comment

You have a point Alex. We souldn't assume that the moron we observe banging his head repeatedly on a tree isn't having a good time.

Comment

But maybe the moron who walks away from the tree muttering, "that hurt, me no like." and then procedes to come back to that tree the next day and begin whacking his head on it again should be the most pitiable.

Comment

I take it back. I don't feel sorry for any of you.

Comment

Darn. I was just thinking the other day. Boy, I really hope jimmytrick feels sorry for because I sure do love Civ III.

Comment

I think you should get a better computer, or play on a smaller map. I dont find modern age slow at all. (I never play on higher than a standard map though).

Comment

DUNK!!!

ROTFL!!!

jt, if you're at all serious, I'm on a P-3 500 with 256MB, and it's fine if I turn off all the extraneous stuff... otherwise it drives me nuts too. Also, 1.29 is faster, if you haven't downloaded it.

Admittedly, the opening turn of MT V is slow, but that's a pretty extreme example. Otherwise, I'm fine up through the modern age on large maps... huge is a bit much.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

jimmytricks trolls have been at least intelligent and funny sometimes... in the past. This one is just Coracles level, as tedious as he describes the modern age.

Comment

EDIT:

Comment

Ralph, sir, are you trying to say I am past my prime? I'll have you know their are plenty of people who will attest that I have by God never been funny nor in the least bit intelligent.

Anyway, thanks for comparing me to Coracle. It's an honor.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                        Anyway, thanks for comparing me to Coracle. It's an honor.

Except, I think you fail to realize that Coracle is still "banging his head against the tree."

I, on the other hand will defend the game, and I haven't played it for about 2 months now.

Go figure.....
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: hah hah hah

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                          And I laughed out loud. Its so tedious and slow, and the wait..
                          It's not a RTS game, and I have no problems.

And there is no fun in the game at all.
                          Few games are now adays.

I feel sorry for those few of you that still play this turkey.

And plan to shell out more for the expansion.

That I agree with, I'll pawn it off someone else if I come across it. Otherwise paying more then $15 for an XP is a sick joke.
                          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Why hasn't this thread like all of this spammers "contributions" been locked yet?
                            MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

Comment

Originally posted by MOHonor
                              Why hasn't this thread like all of this spammers "contributions" been locked yet?
                              Only because I just saw it... I was out this afternoon

Hey Jimmy... one more thread like this and you are toast.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X