Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution

I am just a beginner of this game so please be patient with me

my question is: How to clean the pollution? By implanting new green terrain or what....and how secure my ´trade routes from pirates?

Thanks!

Lower pollution by building recycling plants, nuclear plants (yes, in CTP they clean pollution in stead of creating it), mass transit, ... in your cities.
    Clean up black squares by terraforming them.

Patrol your trade routes with destroyers (faster than subs, but can see other subs), and later with stealth subs (to see other stealth subs). When it does happen, ask the other civ to stop piracy in the diplomacy screen.
    veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Build the Gaia Controller, otherwise build all the infrastructure that reduce pollution.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Yes, the Gaia Controller is the only comprehensive solution, but here are a few extra tips:

1. Note which improvements cause pollution and which ones coutneract it. For instance, oil refineries and airports are big, big polluters, so use them sparingly. Build a recycling plant in any city that has a factory.

2. Don't go crazy launching things into space. That causes pollution big time. The detonation of nuclear weapons also causes pollution big time.

3. Remember that production causes pollution. If pollution is getting out of hand, you might try swtiching some of the worst offenders to maximize gold or science instead of production. Obviously, there's a drawback, but that step may become necessary if you're a few years away from disaster.

4. Some governments have high pollution coefficients: Communism and Corportate Republic. Again, if you're a few years from disaster, consider switching government types.

5. You need the Conservation advance to terraform dead tiles.
        "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Working...
        X