Coracle's Civ3 review on Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coracle's Civ3 review on Amazon?

check this out - Peter Williams from Brooklyn - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...070929-3146269

Hello Coracle!

I know the locations are different, but I bet someone's lying somewhere

P.S. If you look further down the page, you''l see my contribution...
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Well Coracle has much more legitimate complaints than some of the bad reviews. Some espousing things that just arent true:

"There simply is no AI. The only thing that keeps you from winning is the "AI" deciding beforehand what will happen. enemy units appear from nowhere, city enhancements do not work. Buying this game amounts to throwing your money away."

Hmm methinks he didnt try past chieftan.

"The game consistently skews the outcomes of the battles in favor of the computer despite any and all tactical advantages you might have.Despite the attributes listed in the game manual for attack/defense and terrain bonuses, the computer will win an overwhelming majority of all battles regardless of the odds even on the lowest difficulty levels. So despite careful planning to provide your nation with troops with the strongest possible attack and defense abilities, and despite being able to place them where they will gain the maximum benefits of the terrain, the inferior troops of the computer nations win more then half of the battles that they should statistically lose. I don't mind a challenge, but the game is essentially unplayable as the non-computer units do not perform at their described level. It's a shame because the rest of the game (nation building, exploring, acquiring resources, etc.) is an improvement of an already fantastic engine that has been developed in the earlier versions. However, if your army is unable to fight, you won't survive. Very frustrating."

Simply not true. AI cheating during combat has been debunked with tons of evidence. Now the combat system being symplistic/crappy is another issue.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Civ 3 actually got THREE bad reviews, I think this is the first time I ever seen a Civ title get bad reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
        Civ 3 actually got THREE bad reviews, I think this is the first time I ever seen a Civ title get bad reviews.
        For everyone that likes something, there will be twenty people that hate it. Especially when you are online and the people that only like RTS and defend them to the death have a say in other game positions.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: Coracle's Civ3 review on Amazon?

Originally posted by zulu9812

P.S. If you look further down the page, you''l see my contribution...
          But why did you post your review twice?

And yes, it does seem like Coracle...word for word.
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

didn't mean to post it twice - I only submitted it once, and then went to my profile. Maybe that screwed it up.

Anything to say Coracle?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Aaah! Peter Williams from Brooklyn is it... any chance the Terminator can find him?

Comment

Time to whip out the NYC phone book!

Pete Williams, what's your favorite scary Sid game?
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I dont like the game either. The AI is absolutely retarded and units do appear out of nowhere.

Why do fanboys like Pythagoras flame everyone who says somthing negative?

Comment

faded glory me thinks it's the other way around. It's just people like Coracle and some others around here that flame the others. I am not saying that some of their points are niot valid but there are different ways of expressing their concerns and views. It gets tiresome when some people say the same and the same and the same and the same and the same and the same and the same and the same and the same...

...and the same over (see what I mean ) and over again.

So long..
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Sure has Coracle some valid points. But his complaints are getting old and boring. He's like a parrot: "Culture flipping ... arrrrr arrrrr .... Cuuuuulture flipping ..... crrrrrraaack!! .... cuuuuulturrrrrreeee flipping .... *whistle* .... stupid AI!". And he must be a masochist. If I don't like a game, I play it 1 week at most. He's playing and complaining for 8 or 9 months straight.

Comment

Booksurge did not post this review I submitted on Velocyrix's smac-x guide.

"I got the smax guide by Velocyrix and now the BABES are all over me. I having so much sex now I hardly have time to work. Every time I read a new chapter, I get a couple of new super models or other hot babes. All this and I have not even read the chapter on fusion powered implant enhancement or quantum powered sex toys yet."
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I think you misunderstood what the "x" stood for in Smac-x.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You're right, that has to be him!

I'm surprised he gave Civ 3 more than a 1/5.

Comment

Working...
                            X