This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby - The game they play in heaven

I liked this title best from all your suggestions, and the other thread is only 30-something posts from being full, so...
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Thank you for your loan proposal Finbar, I will try to handle the situation with the 25 Civ Gold I have for the moment.

Of course, if I keep betting like the weeks before, I will soon need some help.

By the way, you forgot another rule :

Never, never, never talk about scrums, mauls and spontaneous mauls in the SH with Tamerlin.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Rugby is a game played by men with odd shaped balls
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Youll regret that post. Now every time one of us makes a new post here you will be tempted by the red envelope with the black circle screaming "click me!!" every time you see it.

Comment

How do you know it ?
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Nice one Tamerlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Youll regret that post. Now every time one of us makes a new post here you will be tempted by the red envelope with the black circle screaming "click me!!" every time you see it.
                Oh God you're right, because I have posted in it, I keep checking it

Well I just thought I would point out that despite being from a large city, it has an atrocious football team, and is much more known for it's rugby...but to be honest with you, I don't like either game
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Rugby - The game they play in heaven

I liked this title best from all your suggestions, and the other thread is only 30-something posts from being full, so...
                  Cripes, Cal, have you got a problem with the number 500 or something? Or 499? Or, for crying out loud, any number between about 463 and 500? I toddle off to bed having done my best to pump up Rugby - The Beautiful Game closer to the magic number ... I wake up, refreshed, ready to continue the concerted effort ... and I'm padlocked!

BTW, you obviously didn't take note of Havak's quite legitimate objection to this new thread title. It seems to have a Welsh tang to it and he struggles, as you know, and quite rightly, to acknowledge the worthiness of anything of Celtic hue. [I can only assume, of course, given his remarkable outburst, that Provost Harrison has Celtic blood somewhere in his thin veins, demonstrating the worthiness of Havak's bias]

Anyway, it's obviously too late to exclude the western suburbs of Chester from the thread title, so we're just going to have to wear Havak's fury. OTOH, it might distract him enough for him to forget to mention England or the Tigers for a couple of days. I fear the Tommy Cooper tactic has exhausted its usefulness.

Oh well.
                  Last edited by finbar; August 6, 2002, 19:55.
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Oh God you're right, because I have posted in it, I keep checking it
                    Quite right, PH. You have fallen for our trap. Before long, you too will be waking from tortured dreams in the middle of the night screaming: "Last feet! Last feet!".

Hang around for a bit. Exactly what that means will, no doubt, be explained for you.
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      Thank you for your loan proposal Finbar, I will try to handle the situation with the 25 Civ Gold I have for the moment.

Of course, if I keep betting like the weeks before, I will soon need some help.
                      Je serai içi, mon ami. Toujours!

By the way, you forgot another rule :

Never, never, never talk about scrums, mauls and spontaneous mauls in the SH with Tamerlin.
                      Yeah, sorry about that, Tamerlin. How about this then? [I've forgotten what number rule I was up to!]

4. As far as Tamerlin is concerned, the SH should only be talked about in terms of a pleasant holiday destination.

Comment

Re: Re: Rugby - The game they play in heaven

Originally posted by finbar

Cripes, Cal, have you got a problem with the number 500 or something? Or 499? Or, for crying out loud, any number between about 463 and 500? I toddle off to bed having done my best to pump up Rugby - The Beautiful Game closer to the magic number ... I wake up, refreshed, ready to continue the concerted effort ... and I'm padlocked!
                        Dont you like suprises?
                        Besides, if I let it get to 500 someone might get the idea that they can start the next thread, and we cant have that can we?
                        BTW, you obviously didn't take note of Havak's quite legitimate objection to this new thread title. It seems to have a Welsh tang to it and he struggles, as you know, and quite rightly, to acknowledge the worthiness of anything of Celtic hue. [I can only assume, of course, given his remarkable outburst, that Provost Harrison has Celtic blood somewhere in his thin veins, demonstrating the worthiness of Havak's bias]
                        Well he can rest easy in the knowledge that it will never be used again as I would like to make every rugby thread with a unique title. Grin and bear it Havak! It will only happen once!

Besides we have to at least pretend to be equal opportunity...non discriminatory..blahblah...etc

We dont want the thought police onto us now do we? Then again, they wouldnt find much thought here would they....

Anyway, it's obviously too late to exclude the western suburbs of Chester from the thread title, so we're just going to have to wear Havak's fury. OTOH, it might distract him enough for him to forget to mention England or the Tigers for a couple of days. I fear the Tommy Cooper tactic has exhausted its usefulness.

Oh well.
                        I knew youd see the positives.

*alwaaays look on the briiiight side of life!*

Comment

Rugby - The game they play in heaven
                          Eternity gets that boring, huh?
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            Eternity gets that boring, huh?
                            Havak was right about them.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Rugby - The game they play in heaven

Dont you like suprises?
                              A surprise would have been if the damn thing had got to 500!

Besides, if I let it get to 500 someone might get the idea that they can start the next thread, and we cant have that can we?
                              But you know what's going to happen, don't you? A troublemaker - like Tamerlin, for instance - is going to jump in next time to beat you to the punch! The thread will be closed at 150 posts and a new one started!

Well he can rest easy in the knowledge that it will never be used again as I would like to make every rugby thread with a unique title. Grin and bear it Havak! It will only happen once!
                              Mmmmm. I'm not sure that the word appeasement exists in Havak's online dictionary.

We dont want the thought police onto us now do we? Then again, they wouldnt find much thought here would they....
                              Now that has to be the ultimate definition of "redundancy" - Thought Police monitoring this thread!

*alwaaays look on the briiiight side of life!*
                              Yeah, thanks, Eric.

Comment

Working...
                              X