One of the most disturbing sites I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the most disturbing sites I've ever seen

Here's a taster for those allergic to links. It's a site advising on how to successfully cultivate an eating disorder.

When you get a craving, satisfy your hunger with low calorie foods first. Then eat what you crave in a small portion.
    It's ana's way or no way at all.
    Chew gum. Sugar free has fewer calories.
    Exercise often. Make time for it. Push yourself.
    Go for a walk at lunch, during school or work.
    It gets you away from food, and burns calories.
    Drink plenty of water. It may help you feel less hungry.
    When you eat, eat foods low in fat and calories.
    When you feel like eating, do something else. Walk, clean, exercise, anything to distract you.
    Hunger soon passes.
    Take diet pills.
    Stop eating before you feel full.
    Write down everything you eat and the amount of
    Calories you eat each day.

Excuses

No thanks, I ate a huge breakfast (or lunch)
    Doctor says I may have an ulcer
    I bit my tongue earlier and I think it's still bleeding
    I'm allergic to this food or that food
    The last time I ate that kind of food, I barfed for two days
    I ate at my friends house
    I don't feel like eating, I have a headache
    I have a cold sore on my tongue (or lip) and it hurts to eat
    I ate something this morning that didn't agree with me, so I don't think I should eat quite yet
    No thanks, but I could use some Tums
    Anorexia nervosa is the biggest killer of all mental illnesses.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

That is disturbing, and quite frankly, sick. I despise the aspect of society that seems to perpetuate this myth that 'emaciated is good' when it simply isn't true...and sickos like this perpetuate that too, helping to plant, or strengthen, those seeds in the mind of those who are vulnerable...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, they DO say that it's not their goal to cause anyone to develop a disorder, that the site's meant for those who already got a disorder and want to keep it. Whatever the fucked up reason for THAT is.

Ahh, the wonders of global communication. Movements that no-one could have ever thought of are born. Oh, there probably were people planning to be, or being, anorectics-by-choice before, but now they can find support for their weird-assness by finding others like them! Hooray! Not to forget all the perversions Net is undoubtedly helping to bloom.

What next? "I have a flu and I want it to become part of my identity?" "Tips on how to make that flu last forever! Hooray! Now you can be a part of a community!"
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

www.rotten.com is a pretty disturbing site too
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We had a suicide site in The Netherlands.
          It came with information on how you could commit suicide the best and less painfull way.

It was in all newspapers, I visited the site.
          It really made me feel baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

The guy who created the site said something like "You might wonder why I didn't commit suicide myself, if I know how to do it that good, that's because I tried, but failed a few times. I'll try it in the future again, but meanwhile I have this site to maintain, to have something on my hands"

it should be forbidden.
          The internet contains too much dirt.
          Not to even talk about pedophilia.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

ok. rotten.com is really disturbing indeed.
            It's really good that children can visit places like that.

you know what, in a few days we have gay pride in Amsterdam. That's when almost nude gay men parade through Amsterdam. It's really a happening. The media are completely full of it.

We had summer carnaval in Rotterdam (2nd city of the country) it's the same thing, but then with hetero's.
            Lately berlin had the love parade.

It's all about nudity, free sex.
            It's public for everybody and every age.

Count these websites and this parade thing.
            The violence on tv, and wonder...........
            Where is this world heading towards?
            It's worse than decadence.
            It's worse than the romans...........

Should I be tolerant?
            It makes me sick.

Our kind of civilization cannot last much longer.
            When this kind of decadence started to appear, most civilizations (greek, roman, babylonian) crumbled to dust soon.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think things like www.creator.org trump those pretty well (bastards banned me from their forums ).
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Cybershy- there is a wide, wide world of difference between a bunch of people getting their knackers out for a laugh, and thousands of young women starving themselves to death. Unless that's a limp attempt at satire I strongly advise that you obtain a sense of proportion.

Comment

Heading back to topic- model shoots featuring subjects like Jodie Kidd worry me. It breeds wholly unrealistic expectations of what the female body should look like.

Comment

After you've read how to cut up a human corpse for consumption (a rather nice PDF, IIRC) not many websites are really disturbing anymore...
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Oh please. If girls are stupid enough to think they have to look like Kate Moss to get laid, they'll grow out of it soon enough. If they want to become supermodels, well, they have to look like Kate Moss. Either way, I can't see the problem - how high up on the list of luxury problems is this?
                      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

If they are bombarded with it day and night they have little choice. you overestimate young girls analytical capabilities and wisdom

Comment

Sex doesn't enter into it. Anorexia is an attempt to ward off adulthood an assert control over bodily changes.

That's a bored troll. Short of diversions since losing your paratrooper's wings?

Comment

Hey! Look! WCotC is interested in animal rights!

Only reinforces what I've thought for a while - instead of their lame-o "Jesus Was A Vegetarian" campaign, PETA should try for a more appreciative audience with "Hitler Was A Vegetarian" campaign.

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                              Sex doesn't enter into it. Anorexia is an attempt to ward off adulthood an assert control over bodily changes.
                              Yes? Since when is this a huge problem we should rack what passes for our collective brains over? Come on, at least your hate campaign against the Royals was funny. This is just... I dunno... to boring to even score high on the PC scoreboard.
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X