No announcement yet.

One of the most disturbing sites I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riiiiigght. Being concerned about sites celebrating girls dying from mental illness = Political correctness?

By Moomin logic, is it a cause for celebration that this condition helps eliminate potential future feminists?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
      By Moomin logic, is it a cause for celebration that this condition helps eliminate potential future feminists?
      Now that you mention it, perhaps it is a problem. This would seem to cut down on the number of rational women, as I suspect the feminists recruit chiefly among those who are afflicted with the opposite problem of being to thin.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Unrealistic expectations created by the popular female image do more than just exacerbate anorexia, they cause depression and feelings of worthlessness for many. I dont know what the exact percentage is, but I know at least 90% of women will never have the body type portrayed as "beautiful".

Personally I would rather have a woman with feminine curves. How can anyone see these emaciated models as being sexy? Sexy if youre turned on by looking at a pencil I suppose.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I have this crazy ability to appreciate women who are either thin or have those "feminine curves". I don't think potential anorexia sufferers are likely to respond all that reationally to people telling them they'll be unattractive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
            I have this crazy ability to appreciate women who are either thin or have those "feminine curves". I don't think potential anorexia sufferers are likely to respond all that reationally to people telling them they'll be unattractive anyway.
            Well thats just my personal preference. Obviously not everyone agrees, otherwise models would be more "curvy" wouldnt they.

EDIT- Actually I think it would be good for them to know that there are guys out there who find stick figures unattractive, it might give them some perspective on the popular image they feel they have to live up to.
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

This is just... I dunno... to boring to even score high on the PC scoreboard.
              Actually, the site itself is more PC than being concerned with it. After all, it's all about reinforcing "Everything everyone does is OK, even if it is really, really stupid or even self-destructive" mentality.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The thinness cult is just another way for companies to sell their products. Promulgate an unreachable body image, make women very unhappy, and then flog your cosmetics, clothes, whatever to feed their insecurity. Responding to this has nothing to do with intelligence, My fiancee has a doctorate and sees through this crap, yet she admits she feels awful whenever she looks in the mirror (she is absolutely average in weight). It's that insidious.

Same thing happens when selling to men; for thinness substitute virility and wealth. Or do you think it's just coincidence that you aren't satisfied with your girlfriend or your income.

Consumerism. Gotta love it.
                It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Stefu, anything you don't like is to be termed "PC". That way you don't have to explain why you don't like it.

Unfortunately, we're stuck in an interim period. Things you don't like can either be called "PC" or "terrorism". This has caused immense confusion...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Was that post intended to be aimed at Stefu? Personally, I think he made a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                      Cybershy- there is a wide, wide world of difference between a bunch of people getting their knackers out for a laugh, and thousands of young women starving themselves to death. Unless that's a limp attempt at satire I strongly advise that you obtain a sense of proportion.
                      Ron, those issues are all connected.
                      This sickness is a modern sickness that nobody got in the past. It comes with decadency.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

If you think the the Love Parade is decadent then I'd love to hear what you make of Ancient Egyptian civilisation.

Decadence doesn't kill cultures. Natural disasters and screaming great hordes of barbarians with crap tattooes and big axes do.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          This sickness is a modern sickness that nobody got in the past. It comes with decadency.
                          "Now let's burn down the observatory so this will never happen again."
                          It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Kepler. Post more. You talk sense.

Comment

On topic, I agree with Ron that the image of the tiny, wispy female is sickening. In all honesty, virtually every guy I have ever discussed the matter has felt that skinny gals are bad. We guys like to see a little meat on them bones. The uber-skinny Kate Moss-types are just grotesque.
                              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

i went in the forums and looked around. they have an area for people who cut to come talk about. people were bragging about how much they cut!

Comment

Working...
                                X