Clash Demo 7 Available for Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash Demo 7 Available for Download!

Our seventh demo is out. Please check it out in the Demo 7 thread at the Clash Forum
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Congrats, Mark! I'll check it out this weekend. -Ron
    Manifest Destiny - The Race For World Domination
    -Playable Alpha now available!
    http://www.rjcyberware.com

Comment

Thanks Ron, though something tells me you didn't get to it over the weekend . I still have good intentions to try out MDs latest too, but its about item 30 in a list that keeps getting new items in the top slots . Bet you're in the same situation.
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

I am bumping this as Demo7 got upgraded into Demo7.1.
        The link to Demo 7 thread is still valid, though the link to the latest download is a bit further down the page now.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Demo 7.2 is now Out!

Demo 7.2 has several new features in the military and economic areas, and also some GUI tweaks and bug fixes. I'll give a brief list of what's new here. For a more detailed list of what the new features and GUI changes are, go to the Clash Demo 7.2 is Here! thread on the Clash Forum!

Features:
          Fortification and Siege Model
          Naval Combat
          Militia that automatically forms in a square to fight off invaders
          Economic Specials (Gold, Cloth, Tin, Salt)
          Merchants that automatically trade in these goods and others
          Jericho Scenario AI Improvements and "ladder" of difficulty

GUI changes:
          More-streamlined movement interface
          Economic orders panel comes up alone, econ info available via a button
          tweaks to increase clarity on change province capital menu

Bug Fixes:
          teleporting units and settlers
          intermittent crashes when econ windows left open

Comment

I downloaded 7.2 and checked it out.

A feature request from me would be a load option so you do not have to restart Clash to start another screnario.

Also how about a screnario with hundreds of units and dozens of cities. I am more of a war monger then a builder

Keep up the good work

Comment

Hey Nebula, thanks for checking it out.

The restart-in-game is more complicated than it sounds, because of how all the scenario-entry stuff. So although we'll have it eventually its not likely to happen soon.

A massive military scenario that's sensible will have to wait for the real AI to be a significant challenge. That will be in demo 8, probably in May? If you want to build requests for it, the best place is in the New Scenarios thread on the Clash forum. If we get enough people requesting something we bump up its priority if practical.

OTOH you could build your own massive military scenario right now if you want to make it yourself with the scenario-design stuff that is already implemented.

Comment

Working...
              X