Military Challenge: Shaka save us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Challenge: Shaka save us!

Ok the other day I was thinking that industrial and modern era units weren't powerful enough, so i created a small scenario file where each side has an equal value of forces, yet the zulu units are all ancient era units while the english have industrial era units

however i have changed things around so that neither side can build new units and the primary focus of the game is on military conflict, i think it'll be interesting so i hope some of you try it out and see what happens
    Attached Files

here is a little more info

both players have 9 cities with 8 of them having 10 citizens and 1000 culture while the capital has 12 pop and 10,000 culture and each capital has all 8 luxuries around them...all cities have a barracks and a marketplace and all of the terrain is tundra

the zulus have the following units per city

impi x 19
    swordsmen x 8
    horsemen x 8

english

infantry x 4
    marine x 1
    paratrooper x 1
    tank x 3

no units can pillage and it's on diety

Comment

This is one tough scenario. I'm down to about half a dozen Impi's and 40 or so swordsmen and horsemen each. I've taken out all enemy tanks and most marines/paratroopers but I wonder how I'm going to take enemy cities. Looks like a stalemate to me.

Comment

bambul

yea i have managed to hold off the english offensive as well, but as far as taking their cities, i'm not sure if i can either

do you think that giving the zulus some catapults and the english some artillary would allow for the human player to win?

here is what i found, it seems best to let the tanks attack either one or two turns against the impi's then to hit them back with all of your swordsmen, the problem with the tanks is this, because they are attacking twice a turn and usually winning on both offense and defense it seems they will gain back many of the hitpoints they lose from attacking by becoming veteran and elite
        as for the foot soldiers it seems better to just let them attack the impis

so how do you either the greeks, persians, romans, or iroquios would fair in this exact situation? i'm thinking that the greeks might be slightly better but i'm unsure

i think if this had of been against the germans instead of the english it would be impossible though because the panzers would eat up too many of the impis early on

so does anyone else beside bambul wanna give this game a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
          bambul
          do you think that giving the zulus some catapults and the english some artillary would allow for the human player to win?
          Funny image: impis, capturing a stack of enemy artillery and turning them on the AI.
          That's probably the best way to approach capturing those cities.
          aka, Unique Unit
          Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Have the Zulus been given the tech needed to build artillery? Otherwise they will just be destroyed when captured.
            "God is dead." - Nietzsche
            "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Working...
            X