Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNN - Phoenatican News Network

This is PNN!

Hello, and welcome to PNN, International Edition. Allow me to introduce who we are. PNN gives a weekly update on what is happening in our nation. Our main headquarters is located here, in Fox Nest, Phoenatica. As your people do not have television (it is like a rock with paintings that move), we are giving you our transcripts. We look forward to this cultural media exchange.
    Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
    Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
    Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

--- Incoming transmittion via S.E.T.I. from Fox Nest, Phoenatica ---

THE SINO-IROQUOIS WARS COME TO AN END

In a brilliant military campaign, commanded by General Falcon, our armies swept through what is now known as Nouva Terra: Salamanca, Niagara Falls (Mokra), Cattaraugus, and Allegheny. Much celebration was to be had when our people received the news that we had taken Salamanca. We got the pyramids, Leo's Workshop, and Copernicus Observitory. All of our troops not stationed to defend our cities were rushed to the war front to quelch the resistance. The Chinese cities quickly fell to a few of our tanks, and a need transport. After 3 cities were taken with just a handful of our tanks, A commander who goes by the name "Mr. T" said of the Chinese, "I pity the fools who use pikes!".

THE ASPHINXIAN GOLDEN AGE

If there ever was a golden age for a province, this is it. Asphinxia was not only the staging grounds for defending against the Iroquois invasion, they were the site of the recent banquet. Many citizens and dignitaries came, giving speeches, entertaining the party goers, and holding debates. The most interesting of which included Shaitan singing, and the Boil-Steamed Crab Debate. General Falcon was quoted saying, "We've gotta tell the world how they need to fix crabs"! President Chieftess even got in on the debate, siding with the Steam Crab side.

SPICE TRADERS GUILD RELOCATES

One of the oldest citizens groups in the nation is changing their headquarters to Arrakis, formerly Ayang. Chieftess was quoted as saying the move was due to its' more central location. The headquarters at Fox Next will remain as the Northern Branch. The STG Southern Branch is in Delphi.

ELECTION TIME

It's the elections again, and this time, there were plenty of posistions open! In fact, 2 provinces remain unfilled. Some blame the new law allowing only 1 government posistion per nominee, others blame 6 new posistion brought on by the new constitution, and expansion into Iroquois territory. While it may not be as exciting as Term 3, there are a few must-watch races! The Department of Science posistion is being decided between 2 former science leaders, Civanator and Strider! At last count, the two were in a virtual tie. The other race to watch, once again, is the Presidential Race. Chieftess and Donsig, also 2 presidents, are vying for the Term 5 spot, which may be the last term before our victory is met.

Comment

interesting...

Comment

Excuse me, but what in the... heck is this post about? And what in tarnation is Phoenatica?
        2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
        Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

i believe... they are trying to tell us what is going on in there game....

how propagandic!
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

ummm...what game is that?

I never paid attention to the previous posts about this... Phoenatica.
            2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
            Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

There is a post in our game, telling us about your game. (The Jungle Gazette, I believe). So, it's only fitting that we do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
                ummm...what game is that?

I never paid attention to the previous posts about this... Phoenatica.
                its the civ3 demo game of Civilization Fanatics Site, the #2 civ site

Comment

Such cultural exchanges can do us nothing but good.

When can we have a hockey game?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think I'm free Saturday...

PNN Coverage of the Phoenatican Election can be found at this thread. Not that anyone here cares...
                    Join a Democracy Game today!
                    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

/me looks forward to when technology allows the establishment of an ABBC (Apolytonian Banana Broadcasting Corporation)
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

can you guys give us Motorized Transportation? c'mon...

we can afford 5 or 6 gpt if we have to.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            can you guys give us Motorized Transportation? c'mon...

we can afford 5 or 6 gpt if we have to.
                            No Uber.....They are our most trusted friends. They will probably honor that friendship and give it to us in goodwill.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

We're sorry, it's against our policy to sell such technology to such primitive states. However, if a certain amount of money was added to my bank account...
                              Join a Democracy Game today!
                              | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Working...
                              X