Nobunaga's Ambition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobunaga's Ambition

Has anyone ever heard of this game? I used to play it all the time. I wish they had it for the computer, it would be the ultimate MultiPlayer game!!
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

That's a Koei game AFAIK. You may be able to find it at an abandonware site.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Great game, a classic on the NES. They (Koei) made a sequel for the SNES called Nobunaga's Ambition 2.

If you like this sort of game try playing Shogun: Total War. That game is also based on the Sengoku Jidai period of Japan and has all of the characters you're familiar with in Nobunaga's Ambition.

Check out www.totalwar.com
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Can't say I was a huge fan of it myself. Either I was too young to get the strategy right, or else the computer cheats wildly. I remember one game which I started up with 8 players, all adjoining, and functionally had them all surrender to one player. So we're talking about a massive lead, 8 provinces straight from the start. And the enemies still managed to build huge, super-trained armies way too fast.

By the way, it was also odd how you could only do 1 action per season... no, you cannot train the troops and go to the market at the same time. Bad boy.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Great game, a classic on the NES. They (Koei) made a sequel for the SNES called Nobunaga's Ambition 2.

If you like this sort of game try playing Shogun: Total War. That game is also based on the Sengoku Jidai period of Japan and has all of the characters you're familiar with in Nobunaga's Ambition.

Check out www.totalwar.com
          Sounds good, it doesn't seem they have it for Macintosh though I hope I'm incorrect about that.
          Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
            By the way, it was also odd how you could only do 1 action per season... no, you cannot train the troops and go to the market at the same time. Bad boy.
            Each player can only do one thing per season? Now that's too silly. I much prefer Romance of the Three Kingdom myself. Similar game, different settings.

The newer versions isn't as good as the original IMO.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Yeah. In Romance IV (the only one I ever played), they smartly had some things that could be done "for free," and some things that took an officer, but you had lots of officers so it wasn't too big a deal.

And not quite. In every province, you could only do one thing. And they randomly shuffled the order that the provinces went in, which was odd since you governed your territories in a different order every time, and allowed for some other weird effects (the equivalent of others taking two turns in a row if you're unlucky).
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Total War is kinda fun. Once you played each faction (that's including the rebels) once though that's it.

Comment

Working...
                X