No announcement yet.

Hey is there a possibility to save the game, if yes lets create the long game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey is there a possibility to save the game, if yes lets create the long game

Is there a possibility to save the multiplayer game?
    If yes, we can start play a long-term game
    "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Yes you can save during a game, but I'm not sure how
    "Are those... live rounds?..."
    "7.62 millimeter... Full metal jacket..."
    (From the "Bathroom Scene", Full Metal Jacket)

Comment

I heard that you cant do it...
      If someone better know this problem please email - its important
      "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

yes (of course) ! it's possible to save a MP game ! just save it normally ... (the only thing I don't know is if players who are not the host can do it ... - I am the host of my current game)
        I usually use the autosave feature and it works very well (and quickly). Autosave presents the advantage that in case of a lost connection, you don't need to go back many turns ago (to the last save which may be old). In addition, I recommend to setup the game with the dynamic join ON in order to allow a player to come back in the game after a possible disconnection. (the other players then don't need to leave the game to get back their unlucky friend). While the player is out of the game, its civ is managed by the AI (if the guy is not in the game when its turn begins). The only case all players need to restart is if the host lost the connection.
        Of course, with dynamic join ON, you will also need to setup a password to prevent an undesirate player to take the control of one of the civilization ruled by AI.
        They are a lot of bad tales about CTP ! I heard once that it is not possible to chat during a multiplayer game
        YES again ! it is possible ! by pressing the ' key (single quote) you open the chat box

have a nice time

Comment

Rodo

I have an idea.

To all players who want to play the long-term diplomatic game.

I would like to create it

All players who want join please email me and leave a message on the board
          The rules of this game we must crate together.
          I have some ideas.
          First, we should play at real world map.
          Second, for me it should be an Europe map becasue we will very quckly meet as civilizations
          Third, the language of our disscusion should be diplomatic
          fourth, we will be playing in a week session - every week the host will be annouce at what time we will be playing
          and then we will be discusing that time. Every session = about 2 hours.
          In the period between session we will be disscusing an agreements, borders, treaties, etc.
          See Civ2multiplayer board to see how it works.

Please email me with any propositions and maybe the country which you want to play
          I take a Poland or Russia.
          I dont want to be a host but for example Rodo should be

Comment

Hi Luk,

Great idea you have! In fact, we're currently playing it out in Civ2:Gold edition. See the thread "European Tales from the diplomatic front" of July 17 in the Civ2:Mulitplayer Forum.

BTW, if you decide not to make random starts, I must warn you that France and England are at a serious disadvantage due to their smaller territory.
            Student: You can't give us this test, I don't understand anything!
            Teacher: What would be the point of giving you a test if you understood?

Comment

LUK,
              I am currently thinking on the modalities of such a game ...
              contact me ICQ 17275155
              see you ..
              (if you haven'y ICQ, the go there for a free download ... www.mirabilis.com
              icq is the best comm system on the internet !)
              see you ...

Comment

Well, now we are trying to connect with Rodo but I understend that Takeshi - you are in...?

Comment

Well there is a new and good proposition

we will be playing on the random big map, and we will be creating the history not replaying it so we wont be playing at Europe map
                  Plase give your emails and icq numbers

Comment

count me in.
                    ICQ-7077185
                    e-mail kipporter98@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X