Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
    No major, but I took a few political philosophy classes when in school. Definitely stuff I like.

My major was Communications, Law, Economics, and Government.
    Ozzy - that edition of Aristotle's Ethics is the best available (I have it also). It makes me wonder why you have the inferior translations of the Metaphysics and the Politics since Apostle's translations of these are also the best.

What's the Loeb? I can't read the title.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• dp
      CSPA

Comment

• While we're onto pictures of parked cars etc..

An acquaintance sent me this photo. The grafitti reads "[long] live the Christian baptism".

Better than "Bush is a nazi", anyway.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gangerolf; June 25, 2004, 18:51.
        CSPA

Comment

• I always said French cars were rubbish
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

Ozzy - that edition of Aristotle's Ethics is the best available (I have it also). It makes me wonder why you have the inferior translations of the Metaphysics and the Politics since Apostle's translations of these are also the best.

What's the Loeb? I can't read the title.
            I dunno, my professor, who was really anal about the proper translation, prefered the Lord translation of the Politics. Maybe you should check it out, he knows his stuff. As for Metaphysics, I bought that on my own. Maybe in high school yet, so I just picked up whichever was cheapest I bet, heh.

The Loeb was Xenophon IV with Memorabilia, Oeconomicus, Symposium, and Apology.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

I dunno, my professor, who was really anal about the proper translation, prefered the Lord translation of the Politics. Maybe you should check it out, he knows his stuff. As for Metaphysics, I bought that on my own. Maybe in high school yet, so I just picked up whichever was cheapest I bet, heh.

The Loeb was Xenophon IV with Memorabilia, Oeconomicus, Symposium, and Apology.
              I prefer the Apostle translations as they are really close to the Greek and consistent across the whole series. I haven't read the Lord, but I do have the two volume Oxford set as well, so there probably isn't much point in buying new ones.

Who was your professor?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Me in some kind of funky a** discount outlet. I was bored out of my a**. I didn't shave that morning and didn't have any breakfast. My friend took the pic.

I'm currently in my "disgruntled" phase.
                Attached Files
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Hoy, what is going on here.....
                  Attached Files
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Attached Files
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• ah right, so you want to play Civ III

Go forth young lad and smack them hard
                      Attached Files
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• You're training him well. I'll be looking for LittlePaddy on these forums soon.
                        Formerly known as Masuro.
                        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

• That second pic is probably one of the best ones I've seen yet. Funny

He has a good sense of humor.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Hmmm.... I wonder if that explains some of your postings on 'Poly. There's no way you can be on 20 hours a day.

Great pics!
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Comment

• I did a double-take when I first saw that Legoland pic of the U.S. Capitol that OzzyKP posted. I used to work on Capitol Hill (in the Longworth H.O.B. - which would be off of the left side of that picture... were it real) and a number of the surrounding buildings looked wrong.
                                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                                X