Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Locutus
    The landlord had to call in a professional cleaning company to clean the bathroom
    Sounds a bit like the place where I just moved to. Ok, it wasn't that dirty, just the normal stuff like uncleaned windows, unwashed kitchen tables, etc...
    As I was at the "viewing" of the place two weeks before I got the keys (so they had time to fix what needed to be fixed) they mentioned all the dirt and that they needed to hire a cleaning company to clean it up before I moved in, but as far as I could tell the cleaning company didn't do anything... well, except for cleaning the floor, which was the least thing that needed to be clean... not sure if they actually hired someone to clean it or not, but they said they would

I don't have any pictures of this place though... kinda diffecult to take pictures without a camera
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• can't believe you had to do all that work yourself. In the U.S., when you are renting, the renter does all that work and gets the apartment into a livable state. In fact, most don't want you doing major modifications like that.

and I don't think I've ever seen a smaller bedroom. How exactly can you put a queen size bed in there so you can have sex with women?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio
        As I was at the "viewing" of the place two weeks before I got the keys (so they had time to fix what needed to be fixed) they mentioned all the dirt and that they needed to hire a cleaning company to clean it up before I moved in, but as far as I could tell the cleaning company didn't do anything... well, except for cleaning the floor, which was the least thing that needed to be clean... not sure if they actually hired someone to clean it or not, but they said they would
        Ah, well, I got the keys immediately after the final inspection (when the landlord decided a professional needed to be called in) and was actually allowed to make my own appointment with the cleaning company and got to be there when they cleaned the place

I've gotta say, so far I've nothing but compliments from the organisation I'm renting from, they've been very helpful and sent a 'mechanic' by twice to take care of some minor issues (some electrical wiring I couldn't fix myself, etc). The one downside is that they seem rather slow on the administration side: I'm still waiting for some paperworks of the final inspection, I've been waiting for over a month and called them twice (not a big deal though: they're not important papers or anything and I don't need them anymore until I move out again). I've had far worse experiences.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oh, I'm done now

That IS my mum, actually I agree though, kinda hard to tell from behind with us both wearing a nearly set of clothes old rags...
          Oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
            can't believe you had to do all that work yourself. In the U.S., when you are renting, the renter does all that work and gets the apartment into a livable state. In fact, most don't want you doing major modifications like that.
            Over here the place has to be livable as well, though livable doesn't include wallpaper, carpet, paint, etc, if that's what you mean. Just clean and empty. Which I think is a good thing, since my taste in wallpaper, carpet, etc is not the same as everyone elses. Plus, it's just nice to start out fresh, with everything brand new...

Of course, the clean part wasn't really true here, but that's why they called in a professional cleaning company for the bathroom. Normally the kitchen and bedroom could've been cleaned by the cleaning company as well, but it took two weeks to make an appointment and I needed a clean kitchen and bedroom before then, so I just did that myself. I sort of regretted that afterwards but now I'm finally in I don't really mind anymore. If I hadn't done that, I still wouldn't live here yet, it would be at least another week...

and I don't think I've ever seen a smaller bedroom. How exactly can you put a queen size bed in there so you can have sex with women?
            I know, it's absolutely ridiculous. Less than 6 feet wide! Had I noticed that before I decided to rent (it was empty then and seemed much larger, plus the measurements on the building blue print I got were actually off by almost 2 feet(!)), I might not have taken this place. But I live on my own and I can fit in a 1-person bed, two closets and a few hooks for coats and stuff and I still have (a little) space to move around, so I can live with it.

The weirdest thing is that the living room right next to it is over 1 feet wider than it really needs to be, so it would've been really easy to move the inner wall 1-2 feet further into the living room when building this place, that would've been much more convenient. Why they didn't do that is a mystery to me...

There are actually 2 couples living in this building, and I know from the blue prints that all apartments have the same layout. I haven't seen their apartments on the inside yet, so where on earth they sleep beats me, I for my life can't imagine a way to get a 2-person bed in there. I certainly intend to ask them how they do it...
            Last edited by Locutus; March 31, 2005, 18:37.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              Oops.
              If you didn't ask him I probably would
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I certainly intend to ask them how they do it...
                When you do, I'd suggest phrasing the question more carefully.

For some reason, the living room light fixture freaks me out...
                Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Nikolai spam all pictures you want but I insist on them all being of those hot christian harem girls of yours!

Heh. Looks like a terrific group of guys there.
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• What, harem? I'm not that popular I think...
                    Attached Files
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• The girl on the left is saying "enough, Nikolai"

Comment

• Could have been, except I'm not the one behind the camera.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• A likely story.

Comment

• You bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai
                              Could have been, except I'm not the one behind the camera.
                              I see, and from the facial expression of the girl on the right I think I know what you are behind. So one has had enough, the other could not get enough
                              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• No need to lower the tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X