Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HongHu
    Awww the cute camels.
    Personally I thought the girls sitting on top of them were actually cuter (Though that picture doesn't do them justice)

Originally posted by E
    Great egypt pix. The camels by the pyramids are always a difficult shot. The guide told me to "touch the top" a trick by sticking your arm out and angling it just right so it looks like you are touching. Of course the guide was blind or a jerk so it was way off.
    We tried the "touch the top" trick at the temple of Karnak, but it failed there as well, mostly because my sister (who was doing the 'touching') couldn't hold still

We were with a small group of people and actually got a few nice 'on camelback by the pyramids' pics in, but none with me on them unfortunately. That's the disadvantage of being the owner of the camera: of the 1000+ pics we made, I think I'm only on 20 or 25 of them or so

Nice Baghdad pic

Originally posted by DataAeolus
    I'm curious, did you do the whirlwind tour thing or did you limit yourself to several locations? So far you went to Giza and Luxor according to the pictures.
    We went to three cities: Cairo (including Giza), Aswan (including Elephantine Island and West Aswan) and Luxor (including various places on the West Bank and Banana Island). But we visited some places in between on day trips and stuff: Saqqara, Memphis, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Philae, the High Dam and Abu Simbel. Especially the last one is *extremely* beautiful and well worth the 300 km detour -- heck, the journey itself (leaving in the middle of the night, traveling through the desert) was already worth it.

The group of people I was with still want to see the pictures as well, so I promised them I would put the highlights (or even all the photos) online. There are a couple of real gems in there, if I say so myself. When I'm done with that (could take a while to sort through, edit and resize over 1000 pics ), I'll post the link here as well, should anyone want to see more.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

Yee-har, ride, you wild Tukker!
      Onmeunig mooi, man, zoone k'meel!

I hope you did mind the gap when (dis)embarking that boat.
      Though Egypt is probably one of the most barren countries in the world, I actually went on more boat rides in the two weeks that I was there than I ever did in the Netherlands -- and I forgot only once

Comment

• Personally I thought the girls sitting on top of them were actually cuter
        i was gonna comment on that myself... do you know her (or them)?
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
          We went to three cities: Cairo (including Giza), Aswan (including Elephantine Island and West Aswan) and Luxor (including various places on the West Bank and Banana Island).
          Very good. Every Apolytoner should visit Banana Island once in his/her life. We will make it the Mecca of Apolyton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
            I'll post the link here as well, should anyone want to see more.
            do that!
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kramerman
              i was gonna comment on that myself... do you know her (or them)?
              Yep, I know them all, they were part of the group I was with. Considering I attend a uni where the male-female ratio is 10:1 (even worse at my faculty), traveling in a group with over two-thirds women was a bit of a culture shock for me But before anyone gets jealous, they're all friends, nothing more (and all but one of them already have boyfriends/husbands). Cute friends though

Originally posted by Zopperoni
              Very good. Every Apolytoner should visit Banana Island once in his/her life. We will make it the Mecca of Apolyton.
              Well, if that's gonna be our Mecca, I'd better post a picture of it (not that there's an awful lot to see, just loads and loads of banana, orange and mango trees -- though not every tree has it's own private ladder )...
              Attached Files

Comment

• new picture of me taken today
                Attached Files
                "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

• Reflection of Sunrise

Morning all, this was two hours ago on my balconey as the sunrose behind me...
                  Attached Files
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Wize Buggers

We have strict water restrictions, a total fire ban, and possibly above 40 degree celcius today, yet these little buggers know plenty of good tricks...
                    Attached Files
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Our Wedding Car

A few years ago we pulled this out and had a Wedding...
                      Attached Files
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I'm amazed by how easy it is to change one's looks:
                        Attached Files
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• do you have a ASIS kit?

Little Johnny will be around looking to see if you paid your GST on that...
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Do I look like a spy?
                            Attached Files
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• well actually
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Those birds are damn smart!

You take that yourself?
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X