No announcement yet.

MT V - Last Stand at the Alamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MT = Mini Tourney, and you're right in that the title has something to do with music, but are lookin' in the wrong neighborhood....LOL (how's that for a hint?)

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

it's not from a commercial is it Vel?
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Not as far as I know....coulda been used in a commercial once tho, but I don't think so.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Isn't "Babylon and On" an album by Squeeze? Or wait...

C--

Comment

Give the man a prize...LOL...played the $hit outta that album in college....don't know why the title floated back to me when I was makin' this scenario....seemed strangely appropriate though, given that the Babylonians are rather squeezed in the middle of that game....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Here's a particularly nasty challenge for you! The folks over at the testing thread have helped me whip this one into what I hope will be a challenge of surpassing difficulty and fun! One minor problem with the save file, and I hope you will forgive that.

The date is still set at 4000BC. I tried using Gramphos' save game editing tool to adjust it to 1950, but get an error each time I attempt it, so if anybody can figure a way to coax the date, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, the challenge is ready. The goal is as it was outlined at the start of this thread.

You're fighting a war you (hopefully) simply cannot win.

No peace treaties are allowed to be negotiated. The only way out of the bind you're in is to launch the ship to Alpha Centauri before the opposition does.

Good luck, and Godspeed!

-=Vel=-
              Attached Files

Comment

Last minute instructions and such!

1) There's a leader in one of your cities, currently fortified. Use him on turn one as you see fit!

2) All troops (cept for front line RA's) on your "tier one" fortifications have been ordered to fortify. These may be awakened and rearranged to taste.

3) Roughly half of the troops at the wire (tier two forts) have been ordered to fortify, and these too, may be awakened and arranged to taste.

4) All ground troops in Washington have been ordered to fortify, and these, like the forces at the front, may be arranged to taste.

5) All your f-15's have been placed on air superiority missions, and put on quite a splendid show when you end your turn!

Enjoy!
                -=Vel=-

Comment

Vel, you might want to edit the first post in this thread, to link to the post in which the save is... other then that: good luck everyone!

DeepO

Comment

Good luck Deep-O, and all who take up the challenge! I think we've put our heads together on this one to make it a real nail-biter of a game!

Oh...and a gold star award goes out to the player who can keep all the "named" ships alive. This should be especially difficult, since all your starting ships are named, and will mean taking enormous care with your starting ships, waiting till you've built some DD's or Subs as scouts and sacrificial lambs.

-=Vel=-

Comment

I award a bronze star to those who keep the USS Deep-O alive

DeepO

Comment

Yes, that first turn of interceptions is neat.

Odd thing that happened: an enemy bomber shot down one of my F-15 interceptors!

(Next turn a stealth bomber got shot down. The game hates me.)
                        |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
                        | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Sinapus, be very careful with your stealths! The enemy territory is extremely well protected, and those stealths could be very important later on!

DeepO

Comment

Yep....I've only played out the first turn so far, but the same thing happened to me....lost two f-15's, one to a Russian bomber, and one to a German jet fighter. Still, things are going farily well thus far!

I would say more 'bout the first turn's festivities, but I don't wanna give anything away! It's gonna make one heckuvan AAR tho!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Vel, could you enlighten me on the meaning of AAR? I haven't heard that one yet...

DeepO

Comment

D'oh! Sorry.....that's After Action Report....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Working...
                                X