No announcement yet.

MT V - Last Stand at the Alamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the editor. But they should have... AI artillery is too much used on defense...

DeepO

Comment

Nope....checked in the editor last night. Offensive flag is greyed out for all forms of artillery.....no way I can coax the AI to use it like humans do....

But, since tripling and quadrupling the air forces of our enemies, I'm happy to report that they are at least bombing the hell out of us, and in one of my tests, they actually managed to shoot down an f-15 I had set to an air superiority mission, so that was way cool (this was after the f-15 had gunned down...oh....fifteen of his buddies though, so we had a loss coming....)

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
        (...)they actually managed to shoot down an f-15 I had set to an air superiority mission, so that was way cool

What world do we live in, when it's cool to lose units I agree though.

Too bad about the artillery, but bombers are fine as well.

DeepO

Comment

oh, BTW, did they use a bomber, or a fighter to shoot a F-15 down? In MT IV I shot down quite a few F-15s with jets, I finally found out why you sometimes have to use these to bombard resources. Bombers have no chance of winning an air superiority mission (on defense), fighters have...

DeepO

Comment

Good point....but yeah, it's been coolio running these tests so far....22 American F-15's spread over four cities to provide air cover....some 80 incoming fighters and bombers on the bad guys' first turn....wow, what a show! It was impressive to say the least!

If there's interest in helping me test and balance it, I will post the bic file and the first turn "script" to make sure that all games are the same at start. Or, if you'd rather wait till that part's done to get your hands on it, that's cool too...

Some really tight battles in places....in my last test, the Russians did *really* well with their bombing....after they exhausted the F-15's and started slipping through, they cut my choke points off by blasting out the roads, and hammered one of them HARD. Had one defender left, with one hp left....*almost* got overrun, and had two Radar Artillery captured. Yowza! That was good stuff!

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Believe it or not, it was a Russian bomber that got me! Of course, my Elite F-15 had already shot down about a dozen other bombers and fighters....only had one hp left, but went up anyway to try and block one more. A good, valiant death....

-=Vel=-

Comment

I may have skimmed over it, but what's the scoop on leaders and armies at the start of the scenario??

My hope would be that, if they share borders and if you can last long enough, the AI will start fighting with each other.
                Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Vel, surely I want to help out in testing it, however I'm currently playing the last few turns of MT IV... I want to have that one finished so that I can install the last patch. Tonight, perhaps?

DeepO

Comment

Nobody has any leaders, though everybody has at least some armies. I gave America two armies at game start. Both near cities, and both sitting empty for user configuration ("The Iron Brigade" and....awww shoot....woulnd't you know it, but I forget what I called the other one...LOL). Anyway, Germany as 4 Armies, and Russia 6...IIRC, I gave Japan and China 2 each....will need to double check that tho....can't remember off the top of my head.

DeepO, I'll take you up on that offer to help with testing and balancing.....can't post the bic til tonight anyway, since I don't have a copy at work with me ( a very good thing...I'd never get anything done at work if I did...lol), but I can post the first turn script that starts the ball rolling....it's pretty cool so far....

-=Vel=-

Comment

/me raises his hand to volunteer for testing.
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Outstanding! Will post the bic and first turn instructions in a separate thread when I get home, so as not to unduly tempt those who wanna wait till we're done tweaking....

-=Vel=-

Comment

How long will the first turn take
                          They're coming to take me away, ha ha...

Comment

I've only played out the first turn so far (got it in playable shape late last evening) and it took me about fifteen minutes to get everything sorted out....LOL...pretty intense fighting, too!

-=Vel=-

Comment

phun!
                              They're coming to take me away, ha ha...

Comment

Re: MT V - Last Stand at the Alamo

Originally posted by Velociryx
                                Oh...and, extra cool points to anybody who correctly guesses the origins of the Babylon challenge's title....
                                I don't even know what the MT in this thread means, but "Babylon and On" sounds a lot like "Halcyon + On + On," a song off Orbital's 1992 album Orbital 2 that was used in the final scene of Mortal Kombat and the opening credits of Hackers.
                                To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

Working...
                                X