This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.29 Comments

I'm playing with the editor of 1.29, and I really like it, but I was kind of hoping they'd let the manhattan project be a small wonder, instead of a full wonder. I don't think 1 civ discovering nuclear weapons should enable everyone to build them, but so far, I really like this editor, the add buttons in everything appear to be working, great job Firaxis!
    They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

It's good as a map editor. However, I feel that it's painfully lacking as a full-fledged scenario editor... there are just too many things for it to be more than a map with units and cities.

Comment

Did anybody else notice that you can set the Initial Era to "Future Era"?
      Know your enemies!
      "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Anouther thing I don't like, you can't set custom victory conditions. I'm trying to make a Battle of Pearl Harbor scenario, and I wanted it to end when either the US battleships are destroyed, or when the Japanese Carriers are destroyed. It doesn't appear like this is possible. IE, just make a script that says, if Japanese Carriers = 0, defeat. But yeah, no scripting

Edit : I'd also like to have been able to add more experience levels. It's too easy to get to elite, I'd like to be able to make an exp level that maybe requires 5 elite victories, which allows you to give it anouther hp bonus, and maybe an attack/defense bonus. Maybe that's overpowered, but I'd like to see that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkworld Ark
          Did anybody else notice that you can set the Initial Era to "Future Era"?
          I see that. They are either setting it up for PTW to have future eras or they have it set so if you select to be in an era you have a previous advances. Thus setting to future era will mean everything has been researced and all you are researching are future techs.
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass

I see that. They are either setting it up for PTW to have future eras or they have it set so if you select to be in an era you have a previous advances. Thus setting to future era will mean everything has been researced and all you are researching are future techs.
            Proboloy the Second...
            Know your enemies!
            "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Changed Military Advisor to evaluate armies based on relative strengths of units as opposed to number of units.

Cool! Looks like they are listening to us.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

It does not work

It does not recognize the CD in the drive.

Back to 1.21f

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  It does not work

It does not recognize the CD in the drive.

Back to 1.21f
                  Well, it's copy protected, so make sure it's the original CD. Uninstalling and reinstalling may solve it as well. Anyone else having problems with SafeDisc?

Jeff

Comment

Do you have a legal copy of civ3? No problems patching here.

Comment

Are you trying to insult me? Sure I have a legal copy. Damn.

Comment

Just checking No offense ment.

Comment

I'm trying to uninstall/install it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                            I'm trying to uninstall/install it now.
                            More torture courtesy of Firaxis.

I have so much changed in various folders, especially Arts/units, I'd never bother unistalling/installing. It either works - or it becomes a frisbee.

Comment

Anyone try not allowing cities to be built in jungle/desert?

Comment

Working...
                              X