Traded Mapmaking to Aztechs for Worldmap
    Sold Worldmap to Germany for 85 gold
    Sold Worldmap to France for 131 gold
    Sold Worldmap to USA for 70 gold
    Traded Worldmap and 5 gold to Rome for Worldmap

Fortified second archer of the first army with the first archer
    Warrior near persia moves west
    Warrior in jungle NE of us goto BHQ
    Warrior nw of Germany go se (there was confusion here)

Apolyton builds archer (3 turns)
    Worker s of tassagrad moves se
    Warrior near persia skips turn(blocked)
    Warrior NW of germany moves NW (to explore, confusion ends here)
    Spearmen from Apolyton goto army 1 on mountain north of BHQ

Summary:
    Overall, the major achievment was getting the world map, with most of our continent visible. This told us the USA dont have any iron.

RANT!:
    However, there were major issues with how we reached the map-trading decisions.

It took us about 40 minutes to end the year 1450. That is unreasonably long. The explanation? We didn't have clear and optimised deals from the FAM, so everyone present had to do his job for him. The problem with that is we needed to quickpoll every trade. Sn00py couldn't help unfortunately because we was not available to play. Its not his fault totally by any means. But this is PRECISELY why I am against having ministers poll on every decision. it took 40 minutes to end a turn that was practically finnished as it was.

In my opinion, we can make changes here.
    1: when the foreign minister decides he wants to make a trade that involves more than a handful of steps, we stop the turnchat.
    2: If the foreign minister has a period inbetween turnchats to decide on these trades, he should be provided with the power to make the deals before the president does, and then provide the president with either the sav or the complete trade list.

Now, we also had problems moving one perticular warrior. Again, since the appropriate minister was not available, we had to do some minor polling. The immediate reaction once we got the world map was that all exploring warriors should immidiately return to home so they can be used possibly in either the war, or as garrison. So, once your president starts moving the warriors back individually, suddenly its decided that one warrior should explore the coast cuz there are a few unexplored tyles left along a nearby coast. This becomes exclaimed after hes been moved away from the coast of course

What happened here was a lack of propper communication. We can fix this by managing a better chain of command, or possibly a better way of organizing non-ministers in turnchat. Normally it would just be up to the SMC to move the explorers, but since the non-ministers did it threw quick consensus', there was a waste of time and confusion.

So, we got 3 turns done in just under 90 minutes, and we wasted a turn with a warrior. This can be much improved as I have said. We can easily shave 35 minutes off with better organized trade-systems. And we could have been more efficient if the chat had a better structure to it of how we make decisions without the ministers.

Im open to ideas on how to fix some of these inequities, and I will happily take pointers on what else needs fixing. I admitt i made some wording errors, but nothing so serious as to threaten the nation. Nothing threatened the nation really, but we need to get this stuff done faster.

In my current state of mind, turnthreads for every turn might be faster, but still that involves waiting for every minister or consesus. But atleast once we GET those orders, we might be able to get the orders done on the spot, rather than waiting for every 3rd day or so to play 3 turns.
    Last edited by Ninot; July 18, 2002, 21:41.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

heres the sav
    Apolyton is wonky on me right now, so sorry it aint in the first post
    Attached Files

Comment

I´ll be waiting...
      You saw what you wanted
      You took what you saw
      We know how you did it
      Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Ninot- in this month during which you are president, do you intend to sort out the forum so it is much easier to find information and for people to keep up with the game in general? If so how is this going to happen and will the election process be cleaned up by next month? (so that the election is less of a joke!!!! )
        A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
        A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Re: Presidents report for 1400

Originally posted by Ninot
          This is just my spot.. im gonna have a report and rant here later, along with a sav

Was that the Inaugural Address of President Ninot?
          - Nice speech mr.prez!
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Hmm... could anyone post a map of what we know ?

I temporarily can't use my game so I can't load the savegame to see it

Thanks
            FRANCE.

Comment

I second that... I wanna have a screenshot. *childish voice* Gimme now!
              (oh, what a plague I'm being now)
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

yeah, im gonna try to put up a full map of our continent as soon as I can.

Comment

Here is the minimap
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah, the growing pains of new government...

Beginning to see why Trip would resign? JK

Nice job trying to keep order in that mess Ninot. And good report, nice to know what troubles arrived, esp forus who cannot make the chats.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, i dont wanna keep anything under wraps. If the government has problems, I know it is best we solve them together. And I know I very well could have been a problem, so Im not affraid to have the blame pointed at me. But if it is, I will defend myself if it is not blame I should be taking. know what I mean?

Comment

Though I haven't yet participated in a turn chat, so I don't really know what they're like. From context I have gathered that they are where everyone gets together and begin to discuss which moves and actions to take, with the ministers and pres having the final word. If this is the case, then perhaps it can be organized so that the executive members state their plans for the next turn and then the citizenry could just state their opinions and suggestions of those plans. The ministers and such should take consideration of what is said, but after some time they should make up their mind (taking into consideration the criticisms of their initial ideas) and choose their final decisoin for the actions that they control. Then they can state what they finally chose to do. Just some ideas, I'll probably be posting more as they come to me on this matter.

Kman
                        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

KMan, that is basically how it works. And that is why it takes so gosh darn long!!!
                          ~THE DARK LORD APOLON

Comment

Crap, i just wrote a whole freakin paragraph of an idea i had, but realized it wouldn't work.

Kman
                            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

WE TRADED OUR MAP? I AM OUTRAGED.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X