Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the most exciting sequel to a TBS civ-like game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the most exciting sequel to a TBS civ-like game ?

What would be the most exciting sequel as a TBS civ-like game ??

(any new poll options would be welcome...)
    Civilization 4 - Atlants Return to Earth
    18.75%
    Once Upon A time In Alpha Centauri - SMAC sequel
    53.13%
    Warcraft 4 as a TBS
    3.13%
    A Civ-like TBS game in Fallout Universe !
    9.38%
    Master of Magic 2
    15.63%
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Definitely Master of Magic 2. That was a good game with a lot of options like SMAC and MOO 2. Since MOO 3 is under construction, I am hoping to see MOM 2 followed by another SMAC game.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Definitely Master of Magic 2; That was so far the 'pinnacle' of the evolution of TBS-games. Very close comes Moo1 and Moo2 (and propably Moo3).

It wouldn't hurt either to see Once upon a time in SMAC.
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I vote Civ 4: a sequel to SMAC
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I'd like to see civ4. if they make it like SMAC instead of like civ3, that is.

Comment

Civ III is so simplist compared to SMAC...

Like there's always this simple governments instead of a good Social Engineering, the Diplomatic Victory is a win/lose challenge, with a single vote for each leader, the building of the Ship is so easy, etc....

Fun but not as much as SMAC.
            "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
            "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I voted for Civilization 4, just because you mentioned Atlantis in the description.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

What is this Atlantis (in addition to a space shuttle and a lost city rumor)?
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

smac 2 , colonizing new planets, galactic warfare, imagine planet busters living upto their name ... pretty stupid if any1 used them tho unless ur planet was far far away
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

smac 2...and civ 4 if it had some stuff like SE, workshop etc...
                    What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Originally posted by waab
                      and civ 4 if it had some stuff like SE, workshop etc...
                      SE and workshop has got to be the best creation for a TBS ever. I'll play any game if it had this feature.
                      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

What is this Atlantis (in addition to a space shuttle and a lost city rumor)?
                        Other than those? I'm not sure.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                        X