Clear All

• Problem with Cradle

When i try to download Cradle from Hex website
    i get a bugging little box that ses:
    Cannot open file: it does not to be a valid archive

Helps please!!!

SOS!!! SOS!!!

When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

well i just tried and it started to download fine(the craddle 1.3 part), the usual save to x box came up and it definately started to download - i did about 1mb before canceling.
    So try now - maybe it was down?
    Oh yeah i went through the Links to mods and files section(not that i expect it would make any difference.)
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

ískallin do you use a download manager like get right. I had some problems when I used it to download things that are on an advertisement page. Try it first again. And by the way how big was the file that you got?

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I just went to my site to check the files - no problem there - all the files are downloadable.

Are you saving the files directly to your harddrive or trying to unzip the files from the site. I usually download the files, close down the site, and then unzip without any problem.

Good luck in getting it to work. Make sure you get alkl the necessary files, read the installation instructions, and the main readme file.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

It wouldn't be a problem if the versions of Cradle on your page and in the temporary file database are the same, then he could try to download the file in the database but the file there is version 1.3 in comparison to version 1.32 on your page, Dave.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I still does not work

When i click the cradle ite the it is like it's downloads right away
            but when i try too open it i get that frustrating box
            Cannot open file: blah blah blah.

It's maybe has something to do with that i have a evalation version

I'll try too turn the clock back for a few years and then check.

Comment

If it seems like it downloads straight away then there's probably something wrong with the downloading. In IE you might try something like right-clicking and using "Save target as...". Or else try downloading it via a different browser/download manager/etc.

Comment

It works

now

But i havent got cradle yet (94% and the connection crashed )

Kári

Comment

Just ran a test with Cradle files. I was able to download the files and unzip them without any problem.

Keep trying - if you still have a problem, email me and we'll work something out.

Dave
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I downloaded the Cradle files as well a couple of days ago and didn't have any problems.

Hex,
                    v1.32 seems to be pretty stable, maybe it's an idea to put all files in a single zip and update the database here on Apolyton? Also, is Leonardo's graphics add-on stable as well? It could be added to the DB as a secondary file...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X