No announcement yet.

Compiled Firaxian Comments on Undocumented Game Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, I searched for the info on unit promotions on Civ Fanatics, and I only saw what you presented, with nothing on the odds being halved for defenders. So I guess I was mistaken and that that only applies to GL generation, not simple unit promotion.

Heck, you can see how I would make a mistake like that. The odds for non-militaristic and vs. barbarians are halved from otherwise, so I remembered seeing the odds halved, and since they were halved for defenders elsewhere (GL generation), I unconsciously generalized. Sorry about that.

Also, just to make myself clear, when I say "defenders", I'm refering to when any elite is defending, not just to "defensive" units like spearmen, pikemen, etc. One more thing: The odds of generating a Great Leader from a given elite victory are the same for militaristic and non-militaristic civs, right? (Obviously, militaristic civs will tend to have more elites, and thus more elite victories, though.)
    "God is dead." - Nietzsche
    "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
      "Soren's Barbarian Uprising Link "

Well EXCUUSE ME!!

Harrumph. Friggin' threadjacker.
      didn't even get a warning for that . grmmbll double*""é stand@##ards## mmblgrrr
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM2433
        Also, just to make myself clear, when I say "defenders", I'm refering to when any elite is defending, not just to "defensive" units like spearmen, pikemen, etc. One more thing: The odds of generating a Great Leader from a given elite victory are the same for militaristic and non-militaristic civs, right? (Obviously, militaristic civs will tend to have more elites, and thus more elite victories, though.)
        Yup - "defender" just means being attacked versus attacking - any elite unit can be a "defender" for the 1/32 GL generation chance. And also correct that the GL odds are the same for militaristic and non-militaristic civs -- this last point is widely misunderstood and if you visit the forums regularly, you'll see someone proclaim that militaristic civs have a better chance of generating GLs about every few weeks. Just won't seem to die, that one.

Catt

Comment

Does someone want to take on the task of organizing Firazian comments a little further?
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
          X