Compiled Firaxian Comments on Undocumented Game Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alva,

You mean that his result is unusual and that something is going wrong, right?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

AFAIK yes
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
        thanks Catt, very informative!!

Btw, a question, hopefully someone can answer - if i put workers (both mind and captured ones) in my capital cit, I should be able to trade them with other civs, right? Because when I tried to in my last game, I couldn't!

(Keep in mind, this was in the modern age, so there's plenty of trade routs (land, sea and air) happening between the capitals.
        I don't know.
        Maybe you need an embassy?

Comment

Interesting
          Nym
          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
            thanks Catt, very informative!!

Btw, a question, hopefully someone can answer - if i put workers (both mind and captured ones) in my capital cit, I should be able to trade them with other civs, right? Because when I tried to in my last game, I couldn't!

(Keep in mind, this was in the modern age, so there's plenty of trade routs (land, sea and air) happening between the capitals.
            I think I have seen something like this. I could only trade away captured workers from the civ I was trying to trade with. But I have also seen civs beg for peace offering me workers of their own, and still I couldn't give away/trade away my own workers.

Not exactly an answer to your question...

Comment

I don't know.
              Maybe you need an embassy?
              No, I can trade workers w/o an embassy.

Comment

Re: Compiled Firaxian Comments on Undocumented Game Features

Originally posted by Catt
                And now a public service announcement . . . . .
                A great service indeed! Thanks Catt.
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Re: Compiled Firaxian Comments on Undocumented Game Features

Originally posted by Catt
                  And now a public service announcement . . . . .

On Modding the Game to Create More Than One Heroic Epic Wonder

A second Heroic Epic will not increase your odds [of leader generation]. [The game] just checks to see if you have the [heroic epic wonder effects] or not [when calculating odds of a great leader appearance].
                  I think this is true for all wonder flags. I know that it is possible to have both the Great Lighthouse and Magellins Voyage (though not for long), and ship movement is still only increased by one.
                  The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Re: Re: Compiled Firaxian Comments on Undocumented Game Features

Originally posted by Palleon

I'm not quite sure if this is accurate. I've had my worker step on a goodie hut the same turn my settler founds a city, and I've had barbarians come out and kill the worker, then all sack the city.
                    From my experiences, the game is controlled by how the game looks at the start of a turn. Therefore a city founded that turn would not be recognized as a city until next turn.

Comment

hmm, thanks for the answers guys. Maybe its just a weird quirk in this particular game.
                      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Nice thread. I'd be happy to see some more things along these lines if you can ferret some out.
                        - mkl

Comment

I'm not quite sure if this is accurate. I've had my worker step on a goodie hut the same turn my settler founds a city, and I've had barbarians come out and kill the worker, then all sack the city.
                          If workers are counted as military units then your situation satisfies the requirements for barbarians to appear.

Comment

Any chance of some info on the requirements for culture flipping.

I had a quick scan through the forums but couldn't find anything.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                              Any chance of some info on the requirements for culture flipping.

I had a quick scan through the forums but couldn't find anything.
                              OPD, you should search more . I remember some info revealed, IIRC associated to a patch release that changed the rule a bit, tuning down the probability.

I remember into the equation are:
                              - how the city is near current owner's Capitol versus owner after flipping's Capitol.
                              - the number of city square that are overlapped by neighbour cities border
                              - number of military units garrisoned inside the city

Sorry if I can't help more.
                              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Culture-Flipping Exposed - Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                                "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Working...
                                X