Post Stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Stats?

What's with the post stats in member's profiles? (I don't seem to remember that field)
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Mark wanted to bring some geekiness in.

It was originally put in the profile next to people's posts. There is a thread about it kicking around somewhere. Big one too, about 5 pages long.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ack... how did I miss this? (Probably has something to do with those 6 days when I didn't use the Internet in Rome/Paris)
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

You are not the first one to ask. There's a huge thread (currently 15 pages) about this topic (http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=52631), but it contains only some answers. Clarifications are obviously desperately needed, but as I and apparently also others don't know the answers, nobody submitted any explanations to the FAQ, yet (or did I miss something?).

Comment

I looked at the explanations early in the thread but most seem to address stats that don't exist
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Well, you'll have to work your way through....

Comment

Hmm... There is only so much I can read at 11pm.
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

That's why I said it should be in the FAQ. Sorry, I can't answer your question, because the explanations in the thread are unclear/incomplete.

Comment

Yeah... I got the A and the HP part, but the other two are a complete mystery
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

For a guy with a dancing black mage avatar, I don't seem to have a lot of magic power

(edit: fixed smiley)
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

That has somehow to do with how long you've been registered and how much you posted in that time. But I don't know more specifics.
                        Mark, care to give us some info?

Comment

Don't expect an answer, he's being cagey about specifics for some reason
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
                            That has somehow to do with how long you've been registered and how much you posted in that time. But I don't know more specifics.
                            Mark, care to give us some info?
                            Somewhere someone made a graph explaining it. If you really care, other web sites use a statistic system. They might have an explaination.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Victor that's because the stats used to be D&D like until Markos made them civ-esque.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X