Script.slc ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script.slc ?????

Seeing as there seems to be more people in this forums than in Help I shall repost my previous message ....
    Where is this file used in CtP? I am currently just playing a regular random game through the single player option. I would like to be able to add enhancements to the game, even if I have to start over. I don't have access to the multi-player, cheats, or scenario editor, in the version I am playing. Does this mean I'm SHOL ...?

------------------
    MindScramble

"In my dreams I see Pengiuns smashing Windows"
    MindScramble

its in your ctp_data\default\gamedata folder

Comment

I should have been more concise. How is script.slc used in the game? Is it only available for scenario games? I have the Linux LM Edition from Corel, and they disabled Cheat, Multiplayer, and Scenario editor ...

------------------
      MindScramble

MindScramble

Comment

SLIC code, which is contained in the script.slc file, is code that you can use to manipulate the game in many ways. You can create/kill/move/alter units/cities, display messages, etc., etc., you can change the game in many ways. This has been done already by Activision itself, a lot of modmakers (among who yours truly) and you can do it yourself. There's documentation about SLIC available here, but I'm still working on something better myself (though the work has ground to a halt lately). For some examples of what you can do with SLIC, apart from the standard material from Activision, download e.g. TP's PowerSLICs or my flat-map support or start a tutorial game, all the 'special events' in there are created by SLIC (a lot more SLIC code is contained in Wes's Med Pack but that also contains a lot of other changes to the game which makes it difficult to see what was done through SLIC and what was done through other means).

Hope that helps,

Locutus
        [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited June 15, 2000).]
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Locutus,

I tried adding the AddGold trigger as a test, to see if I could add other mods to the game ... but sadly when I added the trigger script to the end of script.slc , adn started a new game ... nothing. It was supposed to add 1000000 gold if it fell below 200000. Does this mean that the version I have doesn't look for anything at the end of the file? I really would like to give the AI a fighting chance

------------------
          MindScramble

MindScramble

Comment

Mindscramble, Hey man!!!

If you can post the trigger you added then we would be able to tell if it was programmed properly. Slic can be a little tough to grasp when you first start out.

------------------
            Gemini

Comment

Script.slc is used in all games, not just scenario games. I am not familiar with your particular version of CTP, but I suppose you could edit script.slc and perhaps the other text files to add enhancements to the game.

Comment

The trigger works for me. When I start a new game I have 1,000,100 gold.

Comment

I have even tried to add other triggers, like adding a warrior to a city when the city is first built ... but nothing seems to work. I add all of the triggers to the end of the script.slc file ... is this where they are supposed to go?
                  MindScramble

Comment

You can put them anywhere in script.slc. It doesn't matter if they are at the beginning, at the end or in the middle. But it would normally be easiest to just put them at the end.

Comment

Well I shall try and try again over this weekend ... I need to isolate why it isn't using the triggers ... !@#$^&* system ...

------------------
                      MindScramble

MindScramble

Comment

Mindscramble,

Since you are using a free limited-edition, thus DEMO version, you probably are not allowed to make the kind of changes you are referring to.

Don,
                        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Make a back-up copy of 'script.slc' in \ctp_data\default\gamedata\ and ADD the following lines to the end of it:

trigger 'DOR_T_Give_Gold' when (IsHumanPlayer(g.player) && (player.1.gold<=200000))

{

AddGold(g.player,1000000);

}

The effect is that every time the human player runs out of gold (less than 200,000), he gets 1 million more.

------------------
                          MindScramble

MindScramble

Comment

I think you're right skorpion59 ... everthing I tried to add this weekend nothing worked ... well just got to kill the monkey and go pick the full version up ... thanks to all for the insights ...

------------------
                            MindScramble

MindScramble

Comment

Working...
                            X