Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For IW about Natural Disaster Visual

IW,
    I remember once you said you want to have hurricanes to get at least one visual effect in the code. But I think i found a way to get those effects.

I added this line in the plague fuction
    Code:
    AddEffect(PlaguedCity.location, "SPECEFFECT_BIO_TERROR", "SOUND_ID_BIO_TERROR");
    and this othe one in the Earthquakes in the damaged city location (throw party sprite effect is dust rising).
    Code:
     AddEffect(tmpCity.location, "SPECEFFECT_THROW_PARTY", "SOUND_ID_NUCLEAR_ATTACK");
    and this othe one in the Earthquakes in the volcano location (the volcano exploding).
    Code:
     AddEffect(VolcLoc, "SPECEFFECT_NUCLEAR_ATTACK", "SOUND_ID_NUCLEAR_ATTACK");
    I have seem the plague effect already. It worked and looked really good. And the effect also is useful to point wich cities a sick (some info i miss in your code). Yet i havent seen the others.
    What do you think? Have you thought of that before?
    Last edited by Pedrunn; June 23, 2002, 00:26.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Pedrun now you are relay going to kill me I have in my tile file a graphical representation of a volcano I made by converting the sea volcano very cool I will post it to you on Wednesday
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Hehe, I see you're still busy reinventing the wheel, Big Mc (nice avatar, BTW ). There's already a vulcano pic in the 7 Samurai scenario
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes the is a vulcano but it need four tiles instead of just one tile.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Sounds like we are expanding the idea

It has been several days and no response from IW!
          I wonder where he is?
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

locutos nice to see you again no not the weal this time.

the volcano on seven samurai is dormant which means it is a sleep not working.

but my volcano is working it looks nasty surrounded by dead tiles ( very scary ).

pedrun if you want to we could probably put the sleeping volcano in one tile and then put it on maps with a bit of code behind it so it blows up some time in the game.

I have forgot my tile file again ( forget my head if it was not screwed on) D'oh.

and locutos Iw got the avatar for me
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
              It has been several days and no response from IW!
              I wonder where he is?
              Wales. In a Victorian fort on a rocky peninsula, counting dogwhelks.

But now I return

Pedrunn, its a very good idea Even if the current effects aren't ideal, more can be added. I like the idea of terraforming the mountain into a volcano, and then putting an eruption effect over it. And henceforth having it as a dormant (or extinct) tile. It would add a little storyline to the game. You can look back in later years and ponder that the mountain near your city once smothered half the populus...

The question arises (again) whether to predetermine volcanoes before the game begins, so that you can choose whether to settle nearby (eruptions, but fertile soil) or have the spontaneously appear.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Volcanoes can appear 'spontaneously'. The classic example comes from Latin/South America circa 1970. A farmer ploughing his field noticed smoke rising from the ground and within a year there was a whopping great volcano there.

Having said that, however, volcanoes will only appear in geologically active regions. In other words the chance of a volcano appearing depends on whether there are any other volcanoes nearby. Too tough for SLIC?

Comment

I did at one point try to simulate tectonic boundaries, but I think it would be quite hard to keep track of.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I think that just set the tiles of moutains, water volcanos and rifts to be the tectonic boundaries are enough for gameplay porpouses.
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

I don’t believe this i have my tile file here with the volcano on it but I can't upload it I will try again Monday

Comment

Just post the tile graphics as zipped targas. It makes it much easier to download.
                        Last edited by Immortal Wombat; June 28, 2002, 14:25.

Comment

ok i will get the tga for the volcano for next time

Comment

Some thought about volcanoes in a disaster mod.

On the face of it you would be stupid to build a city near a volcano. Yet right around the world this is exactly what has/is happening. The reasons are varied but at least one of them is that volcanic soils can be very rich indeed. Thus in Java famers are able to produce three crops each year.

To make it viable building a city near a volcano in CTP there needs to be a comparable attraction. Perhaps the volcano square should be given some very attractive food/commerce/production bonuses.

Comment

i finaly got that vol here goes
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X