Having a hard time shifting from Civ2 to 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a hard time shifting from Civ2 to 3

My sister has Civ3, so i tried it out. I had a hard time getting into it. Civ2 is more addictive.

well, Civ3 is a different game. Different game have different aspects.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Try at a lower level first to get the hang of it. Civ 3 is an aquired taste for some people, especially those who played thousands of hours of the previous civ games.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        Try at a lower level first to get the hang of it. Civ 3 is an aquired taste for some people, especially those who played thousands of hours of the previous civ games.
        buttermilk

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
          buttermilk
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

This is what I always think of when someone says "acquired taste".

Buttermilk. Or beer.

Sorry that GP isn't flippin over Civ3. Its a sub-cultural thing.

Comment

That taste I have is a lot less pleasant than beer.

Civ 3 is NOT the descendant of Civ 2. It is not only more flawed, with an irritating, dumb, and cheating AI, it is loaded with bizarre concepts such as Culture Flipping, Settler Diarrhea, Massive Corruption, etc. Plus it does not have vital elements such as scenario building, Multi Cheat, and others. It s also a step back historically. Civ 3 really should be called "Soren Johnson's Culture". I await a real Civ 3.

Comment

I liked Civ2. I just wanted it updated with tougher AI and new graphics. That's it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I* misd my wonder mov8ies. Even 5 goin and tonicis won't make me feel beetter.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                    This is what I always think of when someone says "acquired taste".
                    Ahh. Never tried it. Never really even had the opportunity to.

Comment

ICS it at first of game, GP.
                      Plan your Golden Age.
                      Don't think with a MP viewpoint.

Now, you're ready.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And lay off the juice.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Next thing you know GP you'll be whinin about the combat resolution.

Seriously if I were you I'ld wait a bit until PTW comes out maybe then it will have enuff bells and whistles to entertain you.

I know thats what I'm doing. But first I'll wait a bit and see what the general feeling is of PTW.

By the by, it takes 6 G&T's to make you forget the wonder movies and by that time your spelling is much better as well.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I must be the only soul in the world who thinks civ 3 is far superior to civ 2! I just think having country borders is the way forward as opposed to just having a collection of random cities. But saying that, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Comment

I never cared for the wonder movies after the first or second time so I dont miss-em.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X