Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help me with adding icons

ok-
    Ive gone crazy in the past couple of days downloading all of these cool new units all these people have made. And, to my surprise, I even learned how to add the units into my civ iii using the civiiimultitool and the edited civ3editor.

However, I have been unable to figure out how to add the new downloaded units' icons from the unzipped files into the units_32 file in the art/units directory. I dont know if im making any sense, but I hope someone who knows what their doing can understand. From what I understand it should be as easy as just dragging the new art into its spot and then the new icon should appear in the edit units screen in the civ editor. Unfortunately the two programs I have that can even read the units_32 file (Picture it 2001; Imaging) I have no idea how to use. I dont know how to work with these programs to add the images to the units_32 file.

I really cant wait to try out these new units, some of them look really cool and could play well in my games.
    If anybody knows how to use Picture It 2001 or Imaging to add new unit icons, please help me out.

Thanks
    Kman

PS. This is unrelated but I dont know how to build armies using the military academy. I know its probably real simple and im just an idiot whose overlooked how easy it is, but Id be thankful if sombody would let me know. Thanks.
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Re: Can anybody help me with adding icons

Originally posted by Kramerman
    PS. This is unrelated but I dont know how to build armies using the military academy. I know its probably real simple and im just an idiot whose overlooked how easy it is, but Id be thankful if sombody would let me know. Thanks.
    I already built armies using the Military Academy, but I did not noticed how I did it. I think I simply selected it in the build list like any other units. But you can only do that within the city where the Academy has been built.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

thanks for your help on that.
      Appreciate it.

Kman
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Here are two units_32.pcx files, to replace the one that comes with the game. 1 I got from SpencerH, the other from CivFanatics:
        Attached Files
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

...and the one from civfanatics
          Attached Files
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

And here's one I got just today, made by a chap called Moon. I think that this is the most complete one:
            Attached Files
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Re: Can anybody help me with adding icons

I wouldn't even worry about the Units_32.pcx file, the game will work fine without any changes. Just select another icon from what's already available and use that.

Comment

ok cool. It looks like I got it working. I appreciate the help. And i have thought of doing that willem, but i figured even if it didnt cause errors that i would like to look at something new after playing the game for quite sometime now. And i was going to fall back on recycling the original art if i couldn't get the new units working, but its nice to know that the game runs fine if I were to use multiple icons for custom units.

Hey zulu, i think your the guy who did that FAQ thread. It has been quite helpful so far, so thanks. Also this might be a good link to put in their, if anybody else in the future has the same question.

Thanks again.

Kman

Comment

Working...
                X