Real Time Vs. Game Time (Term Length)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time Vs. Game Time (Term Length)

Seeing as the last poll was very hard to interpret. I have decided to start a new poll containing only three options real time, game time, and a bannana.

Basically vote for whether the ministers and presidents terms should be measure in terms of real days or measure in terms of game turns.

The poll closes on friday morning.
    Real Time. (month, weeks, etc.)
    65.79%
    Game Turns (50 .. Variable)
    28.95%
    After they eat 5 Bannanas
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

Accidently left my signature in this post.

I voted for real time since it gives more competent and efficient administrations a greater impact on the game.

Comment

hey, you copied my argument verbatim!

Comment

I don't think it's verbatim damn close tho

Comment

Now, just remember the rules for repolling. (minimum 75% of original poll's voters (or any of the options to get more then any option in the original poll (which probably will occur first in this case)))
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Moral Hazard
            it gives more competent and efficient administrations a greater impact on the game
            Originally posted by civman2000
            real time makes more efficient adminstrations have larger impacts on the game

Comment

Your point it's still not verbatim

If it's any condolence it was your line which convinced me that real time was the way to go. I almost voted game turns in the last one.

Comment

I say real time. It's easier to schedule stuff in for guys like me who want administrative positions, but are also doing a bunch of other stuff. If you do it by turn number, who knows how long that might take? As we've already seen, people have dropped out of the elections already, and we've only had them for what, 4 days?

Comment

what is the relationship between real time and turns?
                  constant? (ex. 20 turns/week always)
                  linear variable? (ex. 20 turns/week reducing to 5 turns/week in late game)
                  random variable? (ex. whatever gets done in a week)
                  Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                  Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                  Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                  Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

The amount of time a turn takes will probably fluctuate for a while. We might attempt to specify a time frame but it will inevitably have hang ups. That is main reason for voting real time.

Comment

real time of course. real life isn't operated in turns. I need to know
                      1) When to vote
                      2) Where to vote

the rest will be our history
                      DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

No doubt about this. Real time.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

REAL TIME.

duh

Comment

real time.

and would somebody please explain to me what the infatuation is with banana's in this place. me being relatively new and all.

Comment

Definitely real time.

And BTW, to those new here, the banana obsession is apparantly a running joke. I've been here for months and I'm still not sure. Nobody I've asked has been willing to answer.
                              "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                              "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X