No announcement yet.

Swedish Commie-Feminist Poetry in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very true. But like I said, I distrust modern feminism simply due to the outspoken nature of it's more hatemongerish elements. Call me crazy, but as a man, I can't help but be a little bit concerned by their "kill all men" proposals. I'm sure there are "good" feminists too of course.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
      That is what a patriarchy is and even though it's a masculine trait, it isn't always neccisarily limited to the male gender, nor does it mean that all males have to be like this.
      You might think so, but I'm afraid you're way of your mark when you try to whitewash our commie-feminist heroine of the battle against Patriarchy and - in somewhat smaller terms - Capitalism.

This is, after all, the women who spent half of the latest party congress expounding on how all males exploit the "love force" of women. Really.

I guess you'll now come up with some amuzing interpretation of that, proving it to be a justified expression of the fight against the stultifying male oppression. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Im really getting concerned about the European extreme left.....to think that a basically, an anti-male party can gain so much popularity in a country such a sweden.....is...well.....disgusting

Comment

So she's seems to be a loon. It's not like the right is devoid of loons. Look at our Administration.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            I don't know anything about feminist movements, but I don't see this as being male vs female or some sort of "gender war". It's about patriarchy.

The world we live in is built on a patriarchy that's been continuing for thousands of years - The land is divided into militant territories, all of which are ruled by "chieftans", who compete needlessly against eachother for no other reason then to comfort their own prides and egos, and to continue on some sort of bizzare tradition. As I said earlier - They use the world as a real-life playing field for their wargames and pissing contests. That is what a patriarchy is and even though it's a masculine trait, it isn't always neccisarily limited to the male gender, nor does it mean that all males have to be like this.
            Did your mommy give you permission to write this?
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Osweld : Not any conflict is needless or made up because of egos. I certainly feel that most global politics moves are made because of people's ambitions at succeeding at their office , But I rather doubt that most presidents feel like they own their countries. They surely don't play by the rules, and make the dirtiest things. Saying that they are making them just because they feel like it , is incorrect.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGnu
                Well, Gudrun has always had a very weak grasp of reality... What amazes me is that 14% of Sweden is so incredibly dense as to vote for her... I guess a lot of it is pure greed, but still...
                Se has attracted a lot of young, urban middle-class kiddies who are into Progressive thinking but start to realise that the things the state could afford to give their parents - free housing, cushy cultural work a.s.o. - isn't coming their way. The same demographics, basically, as the morons that tried to dismantle Gothenburg last summer and are now whining about the total unfairness of the fascist cops who put a stop to looting and arson.

Add up the feminists and all the non-working trash that stupid enough to think Vänsterpartiet is gonna keep providing them with their welfare checks while the Social Democrats sold out and you've got your 14%.

I'm grateful it isn't more, you know.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Eurowiggy
                  Hey, that's the second term I coined here at 'Poly!

Edit: That is, one used by other people as well...
                  "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                  - Lone Star

Comment

how about actually contributing to the discussion?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                      Hey, that's the second term I coined here at 'Poly!
                      Eurowiggy is easier to write than moominparatrooper. It's sure to be a hit.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I was quite a fan of the book about those creatures as a kid .
                        Ironically their full name is "Moomin Troll" IIRC.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Contributing to the discussion Dal? Surely you are joking!

Actually, I just don't have the energy to get excited over stuff like that poem. And Che is very right in saying that there's no single feminist (or other) movement here, so it's hardly a victory for anyone to find a loonie somewhere in there.

Another Edit: and why on earth do you have Arafat as your avatar?
                          "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                          - Lone Star

Comment

Yeah, Dalgetti, but only in Swedish...

Comment

Dal: Also in Finnish. And I believe in every other language, too.

Moomin troll indeed... why didn't I get that?

I wonder why that Japanese company that did those cartoons didn't take plots from those comics, for instance, where Moomins drank alcohol and took drugs. Those would have made for some interesting cartooning.
                              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Moomin troll indeed... why didn't I get that?
                                that was just lying on the surface , you know.

There is a comics series? I thought that this was an innocent looking kids book , not the underfunded highschool picture you portray.

Jaakko: It's to agitate and irritate. Mission accomplished.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X