failure to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failure to play

I have a problem I have been playing CTPII since it was published and recently unistalled the game. When I went to reinstall the game the program installs with no problems except when I attempt to play it crashes to the desktop that that CTPII exe. had a fatal error to some address. No matter what I have tried I get the same fatal error. Before unistalling everything was norma Please help

Hi Tomas,

I'am not a computer science skilled individual but I can perhaps suggest some solutions :

- Have you installed Windows XP after you uninstalled CtP2 ? I'am afraid CtP2 is not fully compatible with XP.

- Have you installed CtP2 in the default directory or have you changed it ?

- When you uninstalled CtP2, did Windows removed all the CtP2 files from your Hard Disk. Some uninstalling programs leave some files, folders or shortcuts. Perhaps the shortcuts you use to load CtP2 are targetting old files (though I think the Installation Program would have asked you to replace the said files and shortcuts). Right click on the shortcut, select Properties and look at the Target line, compare the targetted Directory with the Directory in which CtP2 is installed. If the CtP2 files have been installed in a different directory change manually the Target line of your shortcut.
    Another solution would be to uninstall CtP2, check some remaining folders in C:\Program Files in order to suppress them as well as the remaining shortcuts on your Desk and in the Start menue.
    Then install CtP2 again.

I'am afraid all this won't help you much but... who knows ?

I hope someone more skilled will help you.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I just can tell you CTP2 works with my Windows XP
      MF

Comment

It worked in my old XP too
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
        X