Save files for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save files for all

I think us peasants and workers should have access to the save file. What we could do is have one person who is not allowed to participate in the game have the save file, cheat it, annhilate everything we can't see, turn the parts of the map that we can't see into ocean, uncheat it, and save. This way no one could cheat and explore map etc., and us peasants and workers would be able to get a better idea of what's going on.

too much work for them. and the end result coul just as easily be represented by a detailed map. you know stuff added onto a screenshot of the actual map to represent where units are at.

(hope that makes sense to you, because I wrote it and I'm having trouble understanding it, but that could just be from lack of sleep in the past few weeks...)

Comment

that's cheating to me. half the fun og the game is exploring. the mystery of where the two missing american cities are makes the game interesting. this proposal is abad idea and i urge our leaders not to stray from our current policy on this!

Comment

No, it's so that we can see the game. The guy who cheats isn't playing; he's just making it so that others can't cheat. He turns everything that we can't see into ocean, so that we won't be able to see past it. This gives us a better idea of how we are doing.

Comment

the save game file shouldn't be shared in any way. I agree with H Tower on that

Comment

No need for the file but a note on where units are positioned and what city improvements are build would be nice.

Comment

More and better maps would be nice though. Don't we have some graphic wiz-kid in our ranks that can produce good ones?

Comment

ok, i understand your idea now. but you'd need to find someone willing to drop out of the game to do that stuff. i think the screen shots are fine/ maybe the VP could be charged with making tons of screen shots

Comment

I thought the idea was for the varrious ministers involved to give the people alll the infomation they needed.
                  eg. the foriegn minister with the use of his embassies can telll the people how many cities the other civs have and if the are building any wonders , what techs they have and are rescearching.

but perhaps hydey gets it wrong again.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

bah! whoever said communism should be fair. let the ruling classes have the file.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

About the only thing I can think of that I *don't* post a screenshot of is the individual city screens. There are 3 reasons for that. First, there are just too many of them. Second, the city screen is too large for the 600x600 pixel size maximum that Apolyton allows. Third, shrinking the size renders the image virtually unreadable.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Hydey has it correct. The Ministers are responsible for giving information about their area to the Citizens (mostly through polls), and then making recommendations to the President. As in real life, the Citizens don't have all the information available, and a good Minister is more informative than a poor one. And the President reconciles disagreements in Ministerial advice, sometimes posting about broad issues that involve the whole government.

Besides, Citizens not having the details may be one of the things that encourage people to become Ministers.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          As in real life, the Citizens don't have all the information available, and a good Minister is more informative than a poor one. And the President reconciles disagreements in Ministerial advice, sometimes posting about broad issues that involve the whole government.
                          In real life the truth will be leaked to a newspaper. Remember Watergate/Deep Throat and The Washington Post (sorry you are too young )

Let's see a recent save file...what have you got to hide?

There's a dead letterbox in my email

---------------

SG(2)
                          Last edited by Scouse Gits; May 29, 2002, 20:43.
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits

In real life the truth will be leaked to a newspaper. Remember Watergate/Deep Throat and The Washington Post (sorry you are too young )
                            Are you kidding? I voted in 1968! And I note that we seem to have no newspapers in Civ2...

Let's see a recent save file...what have you got to hide?
                            Get elected to office. RHIP...

There's a dead letterbox in my email
                            Don't understand that one, sorry...

Comment

In sum, we seem to have 3 options presented:

1. Let the masses have the game
                              2. Screw the masses, they get screenshots
                              3. Have a minister (VP?) be a full time screenshot poster

As for screens that do not fit, someone posting all relevant info could attach a pile of images as a zip file. If you really want all the details, download and look at the 30 images on your pc.
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                              X